Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    expert1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Unexpected shutdowns
    Dear experts, I have a 2010 hp desktop PC.4gb ram,1 gb ati graphics card,intel core i3.the PC appears to have problems.it shuts down unexpectedly showing some colourfull horrizontal lines for half a second before.then sometimes it opens normally and sends signal to monitor and others it doesn't send signal.1 month before,I changed my hard drive and got a 500 gb new one(I think I didn't do the partition as expected because at hard drive properties in "my computer' menu it shows 150 gb),I installed wind 7 pro(hacked) but the problem hasn't been solved.sometimes I take out the rams and clean them carefully and then it works fine for some hours.what is your opinion.I use 42 inch brand new lg TV with 720p cable and the PC screen is larger than my TV,so I can't see my mouse all the time.when I use the catalyst control center to fix it,some repeated thin grey lines appear very fast to several spots on the screen and then emidiatly disappear.this happens,until I switch it off ,very often like every 2 seconds.could that cause the shutdown?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 06:26 AM
    What anti-malware program are you running? And when was last time you did a full system scan?
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Does that say 'hacked' windows 7 software? If so, you are entirely on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unexpected feelings - should I tell him? [ 11 Answers ]

Hmmmm. Seems like my last question didn't take. Anyway, I'm so glad I found this forum! Little background - Years ago, I worked at a restaurant with a man I went to High School with. We always got along very well. It was at the point that everybody always thought we were flirting with each other....

Computer shutdowns itself [ 8 Answers ]

My computer shuts down by itself at least 5 times a day for no reason. It happened about a month or so and I suspect that it's the power supply failing. Any thoughts?

Unexpected love [ 3 Answers ]

I am a man going through a divorce ,which I am okay with. I have become very good friends with a lady in a similar situation. She has been dating a friend of mine, the 3 of us do a lot of things together but the other night I was with her waiting to go pick up the friend of mine that she's been...

Unexpected bleeding. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for nine years. Two kids, one by c-section, one v-bac. Started my period last Sunday and it was normal. Had sex after it finished the next Sunday with no spotting but had sex today and had a large amount of bleeding like a moderate flow. Bright red. I don't have any...

Random shutdowns [ 3 Answers ]

I think it may be some kind of IRQ conflict.. I've gotten weird messages when using various linux livedisks about how the Cd-ROM "seems confused" and it disables IRQ 5 (possibly because I told it "no PnP O/S") and also 19. Definitely hardware, though, because I get the same thing during Windows...

View more questions Search