Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shore05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 09:05 PM
    My girlfriend broke up with me without a reason
    I met my girl friend a couple years ago celebrating one of my best friends getting engaged. She walked up to me at one of the bars we went to that night. And we exchanged phone number I thought it would be a fake number for sure. This was very new to me as I don't ever go to bars any more, and don't really fit it to that type of croud just have outgrown it. To my surprise she texted me that night and sayed it was great to meet you and I look forward to making plans to see you again. I was totally pumped, the first date was great and there was a connection I had never felt before. I knew from the first date that she was something specail and someone I could see myself with. I was living in a condo downtown and she would come over after she was done university and we would spend the evening together. I was 26 and she was 19 at the time, I would normally never get involved with someone so young but she was really mature for her age and had a good head on her shoulders and had already been going to university for 2 years a working toward her master in pyscoligy. She was still living at home at the time, to save money while in school , and working a job to how pay for it. We had lots of things in commmon and had a connection and passion that I've never felt before, it was absoultely amazing. She still liked to go out with her g.f quite abit in the begging me being not a bar person I would stay home or work late when she did. She took me back to saskatchewan to meet her dad and the rest of her family and that went great, I felt very proud to be the first one she has ever brought home. For christmas we decieded to split it up between the two families and spend some of it with mine who she had met for the first time and some of it with her side as well to make it fair. Im working as an apprentice so when I got back from christmas I was in school and moved into a small studio just to save some money. She brought up the idea that we should get a place together so we could see each other more, sometimes we would only see each other once a week if she was working nights a lot that week. We where totally in love and everything couldn't be better so I figured it would be great living together, so I found a beautiful brand new condo that my teacher for my apprenticeship ended up owning so I rented it from him where right on the lake it's a beautiful place. She moved in and everything was absolutley amazing we had been together for just about two years and I figured it was time to start putting money towards a ring, I brought the best friend just to make sure that I was picking the perfect one, I've been making payments on it for about 6 months now. She still likes to go home once a while to be with her family and catch up being that this was her first time moving out I know it was a big chage and hard for her at times. We had lots of wedding to attend to this year including a couple of my friends, and I'm a grooms man and best man at them and her dads. I thought it would be a great idea to take time out of crazy work week we with school and work and I scheudled day to do something together so I signed us up for dance class. It was so good I've never been a big dancer as my feet done move to well with the music, but I really enjoyed it and so did she. We ended up learning 2 step basic and advanced , nightclub, and west coast swing. It was a lot of fun and we both really enjoyed it, summer holidays where coming up for her so we decieded to stop for the summer. For her 21st b.day we planned on going to vegas to celebrate, her mom was going too with a lot of her friends, and some how made it so she managed to tell all of my g.fs friends and myself that where not allowed to come. I wanted her to have a good time and respected her mom's decision so I stayed at home while she went. Everything was good when she got back. Near the end of may. I took some time off in July and we went hiking and did some camping out in the mountains I really enjoyed it been years since I had been.

We have been through a lot together I have been to 3 funerals with her family , and 1 of mine within the last year or so .

And know for the part I'm having a hard time figuring out she went to sasketchewan for 18 days to spend time with her family went to craven and didn't call much or text usually 4 or more days of nothing. Which was a lot different from the regular we would always text or talk through out the day to see how each other is doing and if we have any plans for the evening. When she got home I was super excited to see her it was the longest we had been apart without seeing each other . Within a few days she was acting different and I asked if she was OK, she said she was fine and everything was great. But something felt different . She wasn't staying at the condo we had very much she would stay at her parents or at friends. I next weekend off and so did she just so we could spend some quaility time together it was a great weekend. And a lot of her friends commented on how happy she looked. We went to the fair did all the rides and stuff, the next day was Monday I had to work she texted me and said she was going to stay at her parents, I assumed she was missing them and wanted to catch up. She made plan's with me on the Tuesday to go see and movie with a bunch of other couple and went without me. I was a little peeved. The next day was Wednesday she went to her parents house for supper and brought me home some left overs. The next night we where supposed to spend the night together and she ended up not coming home from work and went to the bar with some of her friends. She never came home that night, I never got a text or a call. I was hoping during Friday I would hear from her and see what her plans where for the weekend being the long weekend was coming up and we had mentioned going camping one last time. I texted and called after I was off work and didn't hear a thing until late that night saying staying at my parents need to sort some stuff out. I began to worry as she had always talked to me and we had a open realationship, on Saturday I never got a phone call or a text and I had sent her several texts, I ended up leaving town to go a visit a buddy to keep my mind off it, I was starting to get scared and didn't know what was going on. Didn't hear a thing until Sunday when she called and asked where I was and what I was up to she hadn't been back to our place since Wednesday, and by this time I had seen her since I left for work on Thursday and gave her a kiss and wrote her a note for her to read when she got up. Just saying how I missed her and couldn't wait to spend the evening together. On Sunday she called me and asking if I could come home so we could talk I was really worried by then and had lost my appetite and able to sleep. She promised me that she was wasn't going to break up, and she loved me and missed me and just wanted to see me so I drove home about 4hours and picked her up from work. As soon as we walked in the door she told me she was moving out and breakup up with me, she said she just wanted to be single. I had a really hard time believing that as she told me only a couple days ago how much she loved me and would say yes whenever I popped the question. She has now moved out and has sent me a text or anything since Sunday, I miss her tons and love her even more. Im not sure what happened, she told me I'm the best b.f she has ever had , still loves me but needs to be by herself. I having a really hard time I have a lease for another 14months for this place and its way more than I need. Im not able to break the lease or get a renter, I would love to get back together even if she stays and home and we just go back the way it used to be. I would rather see her 1-2 a week and have her in my life then not have her at all. I haven't been able to sleep at all and my eating is poor at best been getting sick to my stomach a lot.

My guts are telling me to let go and move on but she is the best I've ever had and I don't want to lose that.

Please help me...
    mexican1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Maybee she did something bad and doesn't want to tell you so it was best for you guys to break up or something happened and doesn't want you to know there are a lot of explanations if she doesn't come back then its best to move on
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 09:24 PM
    Maybe some where or time during those absences, she met someone.
    You need to assume she is not coming back and move on with your life.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
    Sorry to hear. That happens a lot when they're young. You need to stay busy. At least you were always good to her. That's what counts! You gave it your best shot. Great job. It is her loss. You are sad but you will be proud later on. You will find better. You will!
    JD210 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2012, 02:43 AM
    I had a similar situation. I wasn't with the girl nearly as long as you were, nor did I live with her, but we really did genuinely care for each other. We were inseparable, we had talked about marriage some day Then we went out on a great date one Saturday. Had a great time talking about how much we cared for each other, how excited we were for all the time we had ahead together blah blah blah... Well the next day seemed a little strange. Monday came around and she was acting really distraught and upset. I asked her if she was fine, she seemed down about something. She assured me that everything was fine. By the end of the day, for no reason, I was single again. She broke it off for no reason WHATSOEVER. I was crushed. For two days I acted like a fool trying to fix it... Then I had a revelation: She's not worth it. Any girl who doesn't want to be with me shot;d not be the focus of my attention. She was the one at loss, not me.
    Needless to say, just let her go... You can still be friends, but don't beat yourself up over a failed relationship...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend broke up with me for no reason. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a week ago my girlfriend broke up with me, using the reason "I don't feel the same way I used too". And now only wants to be friends. However I still love her and I feel that she still does too. We talk to each other every day, I can see that she has some "impulses" sometimes as if she...

My girlfriend broke up with me for no reason [ 8 Answers ]

I'm all new to this so I'll try to give it my best shot. So we've been dating for 7 months and everything was going beyond great. We were madly in love and everyone thought we were going to get married soon and so did I. We hardly ever fought and though it was long distance I saw her as much as...

Girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me for no specific reason [ 38 Answers ]

I am entering uncharted territory in regards to my girlfriend of 4 years and really need some advice. First I will explain the details of our relationship because I think that this is a unique situation. Megan and I got together when I was 17 years old she was 16. I am now 21. She was my very...

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me for no reason and I really want her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys so my girlfriend she's the love of my life and I'm crazy about her, but since we been togather in these last two years she has left me 4 times and I have never left her I can never stay mad at her. The first 3 times she left and came back were understandable reasons I guess I forgave her...

View more questions Search