Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asaahi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Were on a break; She needs to reconnect with God?
    I met this girl last semester; We both hit it off really well in the beginning of the semester, and I finally asked her out this December. Things were going great, I saw her pretty often during the winter, couple times a week. Then this semester started and she said she wanted to focus more on school (By the way, she's a 3.8 GPA student that gets straight A's. But last semester, she slacked off because we hung out a lot.) And every weekend since, I've asked if she's wanted to hang out, she insists she's busy with work and needs to finish homework, and as I'm writing this I just realized she comes to school on Monday with most of her work not finished. So basically about a week and a half ago, we went out for a walk. I knew that she had been a bit different lately, but I didn't know if it's about school or something else. So we were talking and she started to mention how religiously she wanted to go back to how faithful she used to be. By the way, her family is a strong Christian family; I don't call myself a Christian but have began to accept the religion as my own (Not because of her). She also mentioned how we "met too soon in life". I am a 3rd year college student, and she's 2nd year. She said, she can't fully appreciate me? So she asked for us to take a break. Of course she mentioned how were going to stay best of friends if anything. The worst part is, that were in the same class twice a week, so ignoring her is not possible. She texted me couple days after the decision, saying "Everything is temporary <3" but I wonder if she really means that. When we were talking about this, I guess I made the mistake of mentioning how I'm going to keep my feelings for her and not move on. She, as every girl I've dated, is a couple years older than me (if that makes a difference?). I don't know what to do or say though now? I'm pretty sure she's being genuine about her reason about reconnecting with God (She deleted her MySpace profile which she adored, and wants to change her choice in music.) But do you think there's more behind it? Maybe she needs her space?

Basically my question is if:
    1) Should I see other girls?
    2) What should I do when she texts me saying she's in the library, should I join her?
    3) Honestly, is it over between us?
    4) Any other advice?

Thanks A Bunch!

Lost and confused...
    jonjons1girl Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Mar 6, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I would say she's in the "I dont know what I want" phase of her life. Be friendly if you still care about her, let her know you are there for her, and most of all be supportive. Something's you mentioned seems like she gotten really off track in the college life. Could be parties, and everything like that. Don't worry about that because the important thing is that she knows it's not right, and she wants to get back right with school and God. If she wants to hang out, and you do to... Do It. Just stay open and give her a little space to find herself again. You don't have to ignore her, you could be helpful in her getting things straight. Offer to help with class assignments if she's lagging behind. If it's the church thing and your comfortable with it, then do that to. For example on Sundays make a date of it go to church together then do homework at a coffee shop (I say coffee shop because things are less likely to get off track versus alone in an apartment.) with her. That way you still get to spend time together and your both working on things that need to get done and things that she's trying to work toward (God). I wish you the best.
    jessi_13 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I think she just needs time but yeah move on and see where it takes you
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 01:41 PM
    I would agree with move on... she's acting weird and giving vague reasons, she may have already found someone and is trying to slowly end this so she doesn't feel so bad.
    jessi_13 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaahi
    I met this girl last semester; We both hit it off really well in the beginning of the semester, and I finally asked her out this December. Things were going great, I saw her pretty often during the winter, couple times a week. Then this semester started and she said she wanted to focus more on school (By the way, she's a 3.8 GPA student that gets straight A's. But last semester, she slacked off because we hung out a lot.) And every weekend since, I've asked if she's wanted to hang out, she insists she's busy with work and needs to finish homework, and as I'm writing this I just realized she comes to school on Monday with most of her work not finished. So basically about a week and a half ago, we went out for a walk. I knew that she had been a bit different lately, but I didn't know if it's about school or something else. So we were talking and she started to mention how religiously she wanted to go back to how faithful she used to be. By the way, her family is a strong Christian family; I don't call myself a Christian but have began to accept the religion as my own (Not because of her). She also mentioned how we "met too soon in life". I am a 3rd year college student, and she's 2nd year. She said, she can't fully appreciate me? So she asked for us to take a break. Of course she mentioned how were gonna stay best of friends if anything. The worst part is, that were in the same class twice a week, so ignoring her is not possible. She texted me couple days after the decision, saying "Everything is temporary <3" but I wonder if she really means that. When we were talking about this, I guess I made the mistake of mentioning how I'm going to keep my feelings for her and not move on. She, as every girl I've dated, is a couple years older than me (if that makes a difference?). I don't know what to do or say though now? I'm pretty sure she's being genuine about her reason about reconnecting with God (She deleted her MySpace profile which she adored, and wants to change her choice in music.) But do you think there's more behind it? Maybe she needs her space?

Basically my question is if:
    1) Should I see other girls?
    2) What should I do when she texts me saying she's in the library, should I join her?
    3) Honestly, is it over between us?
    4) Any other advice?

Thanks A Bunch!

Lost and confused...
    I think she just needs time so yeah move on and date other girls awile and then just see what happens
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Just because your giving her space which is what she ask for, is no reason to put your life on hold. Be happy and enjoy your life without her, without any expectations from her at all. If she calls talk honestly and friendly, but do get your own life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

Please GOD help me. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old daughter and she needs to come and live with me. She had scabies for two months and my x never took her or the rest of the family to the doctor the minute I found out I took them to the doctor right away and he said they had them so I bought their medicine and when I called my...

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search