Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaSchenk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Debt back on house after bankruptcy
    I filed bankruptcy and was discharged 13 years ago. After 10 years when it was going off my record I found out the main debt and reason I had to go bankrupt refiled a lien against my house. We went to court and lost they were still able to go on my house. How can this happen. Once discharged with original bankruptcy how can they get back on. This lien is keeping me from getting a lower payment on my house and keeping it.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a bankruptcy house on court house steps [ 6 Answers ]

I seen a house in the legal section of our local newspaper that is being sold on the court house steps to the highest bidder. I actually drove to the house and talked to the current owners. They said they are going into bankruptcy and that is why the house is being sold. They even let me tour...

DEBT! What should I do debt consolidation,debt settlement bankruptcy (kind of long) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello to everyone :) I've been reding on here and seen the great questions asked and answered, and thought I'd ask a few questions. Ok so here is my situation, I have total about 35k worth the credit card debt (3 cards, amex 20k, visa 5k and another visa 10K), a 12k car loan and a house in WA....

Bankruptcy and debt [ 1 Answers ]

My sister took a second on her house to pay some debts. One of the debts was $2500 she Owed me. Now she is filing bankruptcy. Her lawyer said since she repaid me insteat of other Debts. I am liabel for the $2500 of her debt. But if I write her a check for $900 they won't Bother me and she can do...

Debt after Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

We filed bankruptcy and included our 1st and 2nd mortgage as a reaffirmation. Well my husband got laid off and we just didn't have the money to pay for the 2nd mortgage payment. The mortgage company notified us saying that the property did not have the value for foreclosure, but that our account...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.