Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferrco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Parole officer
    My boyfriend called me and said his parole officer went to see him at the rehabilitation center. Its 30 min away from my house. He will be there for 3 months total they even let people stay for up to 6 months if they want. He said my boyfriend is high profile. My boyfriend told me he told the parole officer I am his wife. We are not legally married, but have been together for about 5 years. Parole officer told him, does your wife know I can go search the house any time I want? He got my phone number and made sure of the address. Is the parole officer allowed to come here if the parolee is not living here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Since he decided to lie to the parole officer you are either his wife ( in which case that is his home and it can be searched) Also if that is his legal residence it can be searched anyway.

I would say your boyfriend has just started a route to get his self violated and sent to jail for lying to the PO. What will you give him , when he wants to see the marriage license
    ferrco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Since he decided to lie to the parole officer you are either his wife ( in which case that is his home and it can be searched) Also if that is his legal residence it can be searched anyway.

I would say your boyfriend has just started a route to get his self violated and sent to jail for lying to the PO. What will you give him , when he wants to see the marriage license
    He lives at the rehab. He even switched his mail to go there. I will have to tell the parole officer the truth. We are not legally married. This is the residence he gave the parole
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Parole, OK changes a bit, your home is where he will come after he gets out of the program, so since this is his paroled address, yes expect a search now and then, parole does that much more than probation does.

Ask if he listed you on any paper work as wife, that lie alone can send him back to prison for a parole officer. He needs to correct that with him explaining he feels you are, ** unless your state has common law marriage, a few still do.
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Parole, OK changes a bit, your home is where he will come after he gets out of the program, so since this is his paroled address, yes expect a search now and then, parole does that much more than probation does.

Ask if he listed you on any paper work as wife, that lie alone can send him back to prison for a parole officer. He needs to correct that with him explaining he feels you are, ** unless your state has common law marriage, a few still do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

Can my parole officer do this? [ 4 Answers ]

My officer went through my lingerie and continuously looked at a old pic of me in undies( I had no clue it was on an old camera) he then told me he felt I was involved in sexual activities, and it was how I paid for my computer! I was 9 months pregnant and a full time student! When my husband made...

Who is above a parole officer in Montana? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to leave the state of Montana for a great paying job. No jobs here, my parole oficer refuses to let me go. Who do I turn to?

Petitioning to a Parole Officer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send a letter to my brother's parole officer asking for them to help my brother get help (rehabilitation). The system is broken, as he's been in and out of the system for almost 20 years now. He'll get out, can't find work due to his felon and he's released back into the same type...

View more questions Search