Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yummy1436 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Bleeding toe nail
    I was trimming my danes toe nails, hit the quick on one and it started bleeding, I don't hyave a quick stop, any advice?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Alum, or the septic stick form. That is unfortunate. It is hard to regain some dogs trust again. If he has dark nails, it is hard to see what you are doing. They won't keep a bandage on.
    Dogsareme Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2007, 01:57 AM
    If this happens again a quick solution is to actually apply flour to the nail. Place some flour on a spoon and press it to his bleeding nail. The blood will automatically grab the flour and it will help to stop the bleeding. You only have to worry about your dog trying to eat the flour(if he gets a bit it won't hurt him), so while you are putting flour on the nail, give him a treat and when he's done the treat and the flour is drying play or do something with him to keep him distracted until it's all the way dry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

Toe touch hazard [ 4 Answers ]

OMG MY toe touch sux!! I need some major help!! LIke how do you keep your chest up and are you supposed 2 have your hands in fist or flat? PLEAZ HELP!

Injured Toe from Snowboarding [ 3 Answers ]

I went snowboarding this weekend and apparently my boot was too small. Each time I fell down, I put a lot of pressure on my big toes. Now, my right big toe is swollen, and light purple. I can still wiggle it and I can still walk, even though I look funny. Has this happened to anyone before? I...

Toe Touches [ 3 Answers ]

I need help on my toe touches. They are high and my legs are straight but I can't roll my hips. Does anyone have any tips or drills I could use to work on them?:confused:

Toe pain and discoloration [ 1 Answers ]

For the last two years about the same time (February), I have developed numbness and pain and discoloration in the same toe. It appears to be a blister, however the pain kept me up all night. Last year I attributed the pain to exfoliating and going to the tanning bed before vacation. However...

View more questions Search