Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tayyalexiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Wrongful Termination @ Safeway
    Was hired at Safeway on May 8, 2012, during my probation I missed 4 days and was given a final warning on June 11, 2012 that if I missed one more day I would be terminated. I didn't miss anymore days from work, when the schedule for the week of 07/01-07/07 was posted I wasn't on there. On 07/07 went in to check the work schedule for the week of 07/08-07/14 I still wasn't on there, the manager that was there that night gave me no answer on why I wasn't on the schedule. The morning of 07/15 I called instead of going in there and was told to talk to one the managers the next day.
    Long story short I've called union reps, and human resources to see what should I do next because after talking to another employee he told me that one of the managers told him I was terminated ( why was my status disclosed to other employees? ) . I called the gm and he told me the store manager told him I was let go due to my attendance 0__o... but I never was told to my face, pink slip in the mail, over the phone, through a email so is this wrongful termination and can I sue?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Doesn't sound like wrongful termination to me. It was a badly handled termination, but not wrongful.

Since this is a union job you need to bring it up to your union reps. But if they won't support you, then its time to look for another job.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
    As you where still under your probationary period I doubt you have any recourse at all.
    I'm very surprised that they didn't terminate you earlier to be honest as four days absence doesn't demonstrate the dependable behaviour that would be expected of a new starter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongful firing safeway Arizona [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a spotless record where I work since 2001 until this month and year of 2009. I was an assistant manager and my personal life effected my job. I lost my mother in May, later my daughter got in a car accident didn't know if she would survive, my son who served in iraq lost contact with...

Is it wrongful termination. [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Arizona, is it wrongful termination for a contracted employee to be fired and not given a reason either verbally or in writing? In a meeting with 5 other people, she was told to pack up her things and leave, she was fired. That was all that was said. When later given a letter...

Wrongful Termination. [ 2 Answers ]

OK... this is a very detailed and lengthy subject so I'll state the facts and hope for the best. I worked for a very important corporation for almost 4 years. I have had pristine job performance reviews all 4 years, and never had ANY issues getting along with others or thriving in a team...

Wrongful termination [ 16 Answers ]

My son and I were terminated from our jobs wednesday; Normally I work in the morning shift, but I had requested to have the morning shift off. I received a phonecall on my answering machine in the morning, our employer stated that the place I work had called him, and said I left notes the...

View more questions Search