Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona419 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Cement Patio
    I had a contractor put a new roof on my house and garage, build a roof over an existing patio and extend the patio outside of the roof. The first time they did the patio it was a disaster... they used a guy who wasn't a mason and the finish was terrible. They came and tore it out and asked me for a chance to make it right... he said he would use a mason so I gave them that chance and it wasn't perfect but a 90% improvement. After the first hard rain my garage had about three inches of rain along the wall where they put the cement and it's puddling a lot in several places. I wanted to have the part of the patio where the roof is enclosed but the carpenter said I cannot do so until the patio is fixed... otherwise I will have water problems. He also said that I will have a lot of ice in the winter if it's not fixed. I called the contractor and he is avoiding me. What should I do?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
    Send contractor a registered letter with return receipt. Inform him that you have been trying to get him and what the problem is. Tell him that you will give him 10days to respond and then will turn it over to your lawyer. Get the statement from carpenter in writing. Get 3 bids for repair.

If job is small enough you can take him to small claims court for cost of repair. With paper work you have, you should have no problem making him pay.

Chuck
    mona419 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paver patio -vs- cement [ 2 Answers ]

i have heard many differences between paver patio's and cement. The obvious include with cement, it can crack over time and also sink and expand with the changing tempuratures. When that happens, it looks horrible and the whole slab needs to be replaced. Pavers do not crack, more attractive but...

Patio cement table [ 2 Answers ]

26452 Outside concrete table has a terrible finish. Tried scrapping It down, so I can paint. Did not help. Is there anyway to resurface’. Possibly with mortar or something.

Cement patio, grading [ 2 Answers ]

I previously asked the question concerning the slope of a cement patio that abuts the foundation. The immediate answer was 1/4 inch per foot. Our local building inspector gave the same answer. The problem is, I can't find any reference to the standard in any version of the various building...

Rough cement patio [ 3 Answers ]

I had a contactor pour a cement pad near my pool about 7' x 8'. He added color which is too bright. The main problem is that it is so rough, it hurts your feet standing on it. I was going to try muriac acid to get it smooth. Does anyone have a suggestion. Will the acid bring out more color. ...

Sloping Cement Patio [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 x16 foot 9" thick cement patio with tiles on it. I want to make it into a sunroom. Right now the floor is sloped away from the house and the difference from the house to the edge of the patio is at least 3 1/2 inches sloped downward for drainage. I looked into leveling compound but...

View more questions Search