Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keller87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Salary labor laws
    May an employer you have worked for 10 years, parttime 30 hours administrative, cut your pay in half and move you to another position? They hired 3 younger women to take my position, when I was off 3 months with a life threatening surgery earlier this year. They cut my hours in half when I returned from surgery,(saying they were concerned about my health). I have trained two of the girls to do my previous job, plus get numerous phone calls on proceedures when I am off work. Now they want to move me to another position and cut my pay in half. Think they are trying to make me quit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Unless you have a contract and if you are in the US, yes as long as they are paying you over min wage, they may cut your pay if they want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary labor law violations [ 10 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays all employees salary. There are a lot of times that he works 50+ hrs a week as well as travelling for several days w/ no extra compensation. He is on-call 24-7 and is expected to be in office 'butt in seat' m-f 8-5 regardless of off hour activities. If he...

Salary Labor Law [ 7 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the end of...

Salary Labor Law [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break per day. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the...

Labor Laws [ 2 Answers ]

The advantages and disadvantages of employers unionizing

Salary Labor Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Im a maintenance manager Salary employee, I have been with my company 4 1/2 years. Ever since I worked for this company I have been on emergency stand by call 24 hours a day 365 days a week. Even when I am on vacation I answer emergency phone calls. My company cell phone has become a part of my...

View more questions Search