Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello1996 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Oh no ? Help ?
    I woke up in the middle of the night and eardrum was making a crunching noise and I was in a lot of pain.. I started to scratch my ear and that made the noise go away but it kept coming back :( It really irritated me ! My mom thinks it is because of my allergies :/... What do you think ?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Has it gotten better since? How loud was the crunching noise? And was it in only one ear?

It could be caused by fluid thickening in your middle ear which would cause a kind of crunching noise, and it is associated with having a cold or allergy like symptoms and it could be accompanied by pain. This can be treated with decongestants and cold medicine. This is most likely the cause if you have bad allergies or have been sick recently.

I wonder because with the pain and the noise is it possible there was something in your ear? If you were sleeping something could have crawled in? I know it's creepy, but it happens more often than you'd think.

It could also be tinnitis which is basically a form of ringing in your ears which most people get on occasion.

If it happens again or if you have any issues with dizziness or hearing trouble I'd suggest getting to a doctor to have them take a look inside. It's easier to see to give you a definitive answer...
    Hello1996 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Yes it has and it was really loud, it felt like the sound was coming from right next to my ear drum and yes only one ear had the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search