Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Release of liability while making payments on car
    A friend of mine is going to sell me their car for $700. They are going to let me drive the car while I make payments on it. I intend on insuring the car. Will that release them of liability? The car is registered until next February. Do I need to get it smogged again? What paperwork needs to be filed with the DMV? I live in California

Check out some similar questions!

Car question--making payments, but... [ 6 Answers ]

I stated making payments on a car. I paid 1,000 and stillowe 2,000. On the 16th day after I got it, the car blew up (fire, everything.) Do I owe the remaining 2 grand? From a private dealer.

Can I trade in a car that I am still making payments on. [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know if I can trade in my car that I still owe 15000 so that I can get something less expencive the payments are breaking my back.

There are two people on the car title and now she is not making payments. [ 11 Answers ]

What happens on the repo, are we both 1/2 responsible.

Warrant for not making car payments [ 9 Answers ]

In the state of Georgia can they put a warrant out for not making your car payment and how long do they need to wait if they can. How months

Can I take my car back if he's been making payments? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Canada. I was dating a guy and leased a car for him to drive. The car is in my name, insured in my name, payments are in my name. He has been making payments and as of right now, until I actually see the receipt for the week he said he paid the dealership is in default by one week. He...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.