Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahjane27 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 12:26 AM
    Insecurities
    Hi I'm 23 and having massive insecurities in my relationship.
    My partner and I have been together for almost a year. About 8 months ago he decided to prented he was in a relationship with his ex so he could spend nearly every day with his daughter. He doesn't get to see his daughter due to his ex being very controlling and not civil. When he planned that he was going to fake a relationship with her he didn't actually tell me about it becos he thought I wouldn't understand or that I would leave him over it.. I found out by going through his phone and finding all the messages and phone calls to her. The only reason I went through his phone is becos he stopped letting me go over to his house and he very rarely come to mine. I eventually told him that I knew everything. He is going through mediation at the moment so hoping he gets more rights with his daughter soon. Since that happening and him going behind my back I have become very insecure and I'm always assuming that he is cheating on me with someone else. All of my previous partners have been unfaithful and I'm just very scared that he will do it to. I need help to concour all these doubts, disbelief and constant thoughts that he is cheating on me. He keeps saying that there is no one else but then I think back to when he lied to me about his fake relationship with his ex.

These insecurities are really torribly our relationship and I need help asap. Either some hints, tips or advice on how to stop myself from thinking it all the time.

PLEASE I NEED HELP!! Or I am going to lose him
    Dessypierce Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 01:13 AM
    Honey, I wouldn't want to burst your bubble, but this is an advice website and you should be well aware people will voice their opinions whether they be positive or negative. Unfortunately, mine will be negative. 8 months ago, you were only dating him for about 3 or 4 months maybe when this happened. That isn't a long period and most people aren't very serious about their relationship during that time. His excuse is one of the worst I've heard. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't believe a word he said. BUT if he was serious, tell him to go for a custody battle. Shared custody would be the best for the girl so she can still see both her parents. If this man says you're the one and only, it wouldn't hurt for you to suggest this.

Aug 7, 2012, 01:43 AM
    I forgot to mention that he is actually doing mediation at the moment and if the next one doesn't pan out in his favour abit more then he is taking it to court. Any ideas on how to help with the insecurities
    Dessypierce Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 01:58 AM
    Well, one thing has helped me was paying attention to the little things. Cooks for you, cleans for you, takes you to a movie, spends more time with you than the ex. Does he support you through a fight with parents? Does he listen to you when you have something to say? Does HE ask YOU how your day was before talking about his? If a majority of those things occur, then he probably means what he says :)

Aug 7, 2012, 03:02 AM
    He isn't doing the fake relationship with his ex anymore it stopped about 3-4 months ago. YES he cooks for me and obviously spends more time with me then his ex, always asks how my day was... Even if he does do all of the above I still get the insecurties
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2012, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane27 View Post
    He isn't doing the fake relationship with his ex anymore it stopped about 3-4 months ago. YES he cooks for me and obviously spends more time with me then his ex, always asks how my day was.... Even if he does do all of the above i still get the insecurties

Then you need to speak to a counsellor or therapist. Your original post is hard to understand. He did or didn't lie to you - or to the other woman?

I can't quite figure out what happened.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Fake relationship or not, actions are real, and some actions are expected from a real or fake relationship. Stop messing with a guy who is still involved with his ex. It is time to break up, go no contact, and move on... if he wants to get serious then he needs to stop playing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insecurities... [ 1 Answers ]

My friend, Jess, and I had been together for nine years. Back in elementary, we were very alike in what we like and how we see things. We went to different high school and had different experiences but we made sure that we have time for each other. Those days, our hobbies grew together. In a...

How do I get over my insecurities? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5 months and have been dating for a year. We have known each other for approximatly 5 years. He is always looking at thicker females. I am a petite female. I was always left or cheated on by my ex's with thicker women and I am extremely insecure about...

Insecurities getting the best of me! [ 10 Answers ]

So I have been coming back and forth here for a few years now... Love to see so many of the old faces and so many new! I have recently turned back to this site #1 because I have been having some issues of my own and have wanted to rant about them but that leads me to #2 because everyone else's...

All my insecurities are out.now what? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I have posted before and got great responses however I have a hard time following them, that is my problem. I really need to take advice at this point because I know what pushes guys away and I am on the brink of that and lucky I have not yet. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months. I love...

Insecurities [ 6 Answers ]

How do I get rid of insecurities need help please I don't know how I need help

View more questions Search