Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tierra23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 07:43 PM
    My Past Is Affecting My Relationship
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 years. About 3 years ago, he cheated on me and I broke it off. After our breakup, I enjoyed the single life for about 4 months before I found a new beau. During my short casual relationship with my new beau, my ex was constantly chasing me. He would call my phone at least 10 times a day and drop by my house unannounced. I would constantly tell him it was over and I moved on but he simply would not give up. One night, while laying in bed with my new man, my ex began to call my phone back to back. He called my phone so much that the pizza delivery guy couldn't even get through to tell us he was outside with our food. Eventually, I put the phone on silent and my partner and I began to have sex. Halfway through the act, and while my back was turned, my man answered the phone. Surprisingly, my ex sat on the phone for about 5 minutes and listened to us have sex. Fast forward 2 years, me and my ex are back together. Of course he has asked me numerous times if I really had sex while he was on the phone but I denied it. I told him we imitated having sex in order to piss him off for calling my phone. Needless to say I felt it didn't matter as we were not together and he kind of asked for it. Now I realize that it hurt him a lot and I finally confessed to the deed. Since my confession, he has been cold, distant, and unaffectionate with me. I have tried to talk to him about this situation, but all he says is that he wants to be with me and he needs time to get over it. However, his actions say and make me feel different. To make matters worse he often throws it in my face and makes me feel guilty. I love him and I want to move on from this. My question is what steps can I take to rebuild our trust and to make him see that here is where I want to be?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 07:53 PM
    This is absolutely stupid... it really is.

HE cheated on YOU. You broke up. You found someone else while you were broken up. You did nothing wrong... he did. Remember that... you are not the guilty party here, that idiot you call a boyfriend is.

You say you want to rebuild trust. That is funny stuff. It should be him wanting to rebuild trust since he cheated on you. You have no issues of trust to overcome, he does. This is a clear case of him trying to turn things on you while making himself out to be the victim.

Try this... he throws it in your face, does he? Why don't you throw right back and remind him how he caused all this by cheating on you.

Take it one step further. Tell him that it's his problem and if he can't get over it quickly, you are going to dump him as you don't need this kind of crap from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend has lots of problems at work and it is affecting our relationship! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently has lots of problems, he pays a lot less attention to me, and when I'm upset with it there comes an argument. I don't know what to do about it to avoid these arguments, and also to make things better as it was. The thing is I can't tell if it's me, or his work?? And I don't...

Boyfriend's mother is dying and affecting the relationship with his daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Okay my boyfriend's mother has been sick from 2007 the same year I got pregnant with his daughter she and I have had outs since then as she told me that my daughter would quote "never be loved or accepted by her or her family" she said my child would be retarded with no shoes or clothes which is...

University (amongst other factors) affecting relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I will try and describe this as best as possible. I sometimes struggle. I am incredibly terrible at making decisions. I drag it out for so long because I just cannot decide, at all, and this stupid flaw of mine is causing hell right now. For the sakes of background information: Me: 20...

My past affecting new relationship. [ 1 Answers ]

Well hello everyone I'm running into a problem with the relationship I'm having. I recently got out of a very bad unhealthy relationship which ended in march which that's when I first joined here =) then my mother recently passed away the same month. I'm not looking for sympathy at all just want to...

View more questions Search