Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaylaplamondon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
    What name of business clause is this
    What is the name of a clause that you agree to when you sell a practice to another and you are unable to do this practice again in the same province for 7 years? What are the rules of this particular clause?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Hello kay:

In the US, we call it a non compete agreement. However here, a 7 year prohibition would be found to be restraint of trade, and wouldn't be upheld. You can set your own conditions as long as they're fair. I would guess the law is the same in your province.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 07:30 PM
    I wlll agree, here it is a non-compete agreement.

But often at least in the US most agreements get over turned on various reason when taken to court. If and when doing one, ( from either side buyer or seller) you should each discuss this in detail with an attorney to see what the court rulings in our area have been.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History of Santa Clause [ 4 Answers ]

Here is a site that gives some detail into the history of Santa and various customs around the world. http://www.lnstar.com/mall/main-areas/santafaq.htm

No compete clause [ 5 Answers ]

How do you get out of this so you can work in your field

Granfather Clause [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the granfather clause is in American government?:eek:

Break Lease Clause [ 7 Answers ]

Greetings - My wife is starting her own business and will be renting space above a dentist (who owns the building). He wants to lease the office space for 2 years. We are OK with doing that, however, I want to protect myself in the even the business does not work out ("Expect the Best :D ,...

View more questions Search