Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sridharsahukari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Tier-2 visa questions
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I have the following questions regarding my visa for the UK:

1. I am currently living in the US and planning to take up an offer in the UK. My job falls under shortage occupation list. My sponsor is willing to do the certificate of sponsorship for my job.
    Before coming to US in September 2010, I also got a job in the UK July 2010 and also have the visa stamping in my passport. This is valid until July 2013. I could not take up this position due to a better offer from US. I never entered the UK with this visa. The sponsor who applied for my sponsorship in July 2010 is different from the sponsor which I am going with now.
    My question is, as per the Tier-2 guidance, the Tier-2 visa can only be extended up to a maximum of 6 years. I am wondering if the past visa issued until July 2013 will be counted in this six years duration.

2. As per the settlement visa rules for now, to get a settlement visa we need to live in the UK for 5years. The certificate of sponsorship will be only be given for 3years for the first time and then can be extended for 3 more years. What happens if we change jobs in the UK within 3 years which is before the expiry of first certificate of sponsorship.
    Just to illustrate the problem clearly: let's say, I got first certificate from 2012 Aug to 2015 Aug. If everything goes smoothly, I can apply for second certificate and will be given from Aug 2015 to Aug 2018. In fifth year, which is after Aug 2017, I can apply for settlement visa. But, if have changed job in Aug 2013 which means I will get my second certificate valid for 3 years which is from Aug 2013 to Aug 2016. Would I be able to apply and get my third certificate of sponsorship after Aug 2016 with my new company. Otherwise, I will never be able to get a settlement visa in the UK.

Please let me know your thoughts about these two immigration questions I have. Please feel free to call on my cellphone number if you need more details from my side.

Thanks very much for your time.

Thanks and Regards
    Sridhar Sahukari.
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 9, 2012, 09:17 PM
    1) The UK tier 2 doesn't count for the total time you were in possession of that visa.
    2) You need to confer with the UK consulate. Or perhaps you can find the information on a UK immigration website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uk tier 2 visa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a tier 2 visa work permit from my company to UK expiring on October 2013. Can I travel with this as a dependent for my husband as I am going to resign my job. Or should I apply for a dependent visa for my travel ?

Tier 2 dependent visa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,I am in tier2 visa in uk and my boyfriend is in student visa in here.now we decided to get married so I want to know that do we have to apply from back home for dependent visa and what document will be needed?

Tier 1 Dependent Visa for the Student Visa holder in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I am holding Student Visa in UK valid up to Mid of 2011 and now would like to switch to Tier-1 dependent Visa. Recently MY Husband has got his Tier-1 general Visa valid up to 2013 ( still he is in India) Iam planning to go to India and apply for Dependent Visa Kindly clarify...

Tier 1 Visa - Dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My husband is having visa in UK under the schema Tier 1 (PSW) and I am as his dependent. Now his visa is getting expired and he refuse to give me visa again to stay in UK. What can I do as I am having a small child as well. He is having an affair with another woman. What action can I take...

View more questions Search