Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linjol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Can you get pregnant on Depo?
    I have been on depo provera for 3 years now and recently have been throwing up last week I decided to take a pregnancy test and got 2 positive results but the lines were not very vivid... My boyfriend asked me to take another while he is present because he doesn't believe me. I went to take it and noticed I was bleeding very heavily and the day before had very intense abdominal pain... I have not had anything more than spotting since I started depo and yesterday I bled through 4 tampons in under 2 hours. Today I took a test and its negative and the bleeding has somewhat stopped. I have a doctors appointment Thursday but really need answers asap
    anillaK7 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Aug 6, 2012, 01:31 PM
    You can get pregnant on depo, but it's extremely rare. Unless the injection itself was ineffective (bad batch of the drug, etc), you'd have to actually miss it or receive it late to open a window. Even if that happened, I think it would be still unlikely for you to become pregnant if you've received all your injections consistently for that length of time. Women who go off the depo to have a baby will not conceive for several months, and sometimes a few years as the progesterone levels (the hormone in depo that prevents ovulation and thus pregnancy cannot occur) gradually decrease.

All of that said, I'm glad you have an appointment. If you're reproductive age and "normal" suddenly isn't, that's the best plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo... Can I be pregnant if sex a week after first depo shot and period?. [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Gave Birth To A BabyGirl On March 15, 2012... 3 weeks later on April 5, 2012 I got my first depo shot... 1 week after depo on April 13, 2012 had sex while on my period... I know I wasn't soppost to have sex because I gave Birth, but I did... Is there a chance of me being pregnant?

Getting pregnant on Depo? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé and I recently decided that we wanted to have a baby before he left for Afghanistan in February 2010. I've been on the depo shot for two years now, and I don't have the time to wait 6-18 months to be fertile again. We want to have the baby before he leaves. Are there any fertility...

Can I get pregnant on da depo [ 2 Answers ]

Im On Da Depo Shot In I Juz Got Mi Shot Fed.15 In I Know Da Shot Don't Start Working Until 2weeks... but This Is Not Mi 1st Shot.. So I Was Wondering If I Didn't Wait Until Mi 2weeks Pass Can I Get Pregnant Still...

View more questions Search