Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheebasmail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Can I be pregnant
    I got married on June 23rd and got my periods on June 27th. My husband flew of abroad on July 7th.

After a week I feel very tired, have backaches, feel like vomiting between meals, dizziness, pain in lower abdomen, missed period in the month of July, sore throat and stuffed nose.

Can I be pregnant so early?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 6, 2012, 08:24 AM
    Yes, but impossible to tell without taking an HPT or doctor's bood test.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2012, 12:49 PM
    Since you're late, now would be a good time to take a HPT
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Yes you could be have you taken a pregnancy test yet? Be sure to do it first thing in the morning when you wake up
    sheebasmail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes you could be have you taken a pregnancy test yet? Be sure to do it first thing in the morning when you wake up
    Yes I have taken the HPT last week and it showed negative. I am planning to take the HPT this week again
    KittyLover7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2012, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheebasmail View Post
    Yes i have taken the HPT last week and it showed negative. i am planning to take the HPT this week again
    You have to be pregnant for at least two weeks before u show up positive... has it been at least two weeks?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyLover7 View Post
    You have to be pregnant for at least two weeks before u show up positive...has it been at least two weeks?
    It is true that it may be too early to test. I just want to mention one small thing. Even at 2 weeks it may be too early. Some women don't get an accurate result for months.
    KittyLover7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2012, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It is true that it may be too early to test. I just want to mention one small thing. Even at 2 weeks it may be too early. Some women don't get an accurate result for months.
    Well I do know that every woman is different but I still think you should try at two weeks and keep doing it once a week after that or wait until you get your period... actually a great way to do it is to give blood... in high school girls would give blood and when results came they came in and told a girl she was pregnant.. blood tests are 100% accurate I've been told by doctors
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 12:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyLover7 View Post
    Well I do know that every woman is different but I still think u should try at two weeks and keep doing it once a week after that or wait until u get ur period...actually a great way to do it is to give blood...in high school girls would give blood and when results came they came in and told a girl she was pregnant..blood tests are 100% accurate iv been told by doctors
    Not even blood tests are 100% accurate. They too can produce false negatives. It's not as common as with a urine test, but it does happen, especially if the test is done too early.

I didn't say that the OP shouldn't try a test. I simply said that it may very well be too early to test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

View more questions Search