Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jethroh Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 03:19 AM
    Monobenzone
    ** old member edited out

How is your mono treatment now? Just wondering if there is any side effect such as irregular white patches. Hope to hear.

Regards

Aug 6, 2012, 04:56 AM
    OK, Thank you.But how can I contact her?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethroh View Post
    ok, Thank you.But how can I contact her?

You can't - this is an anonymous site. No one is going to furnish anyone's personal information to you.

That's the difference between a chat site and a Q and A board.

Aug 6, 2012, 05:14 AM
    I see.Thank you!
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 05:24 AM
    I see.Thank you!

Why don't you just ask whatever your question is and see who answers you?

Aug 6, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Because 90% comments are against it.I really want to know those who used it ; not from a conjectural/ hypothesis.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 05:55 AM
    Because 90% comments are against it.I really want to know those who used it ; not from a conjectural/ hypothesis.

People are honest - they do their research and post what they have learned.

Why do you think people are "against" monobenzone if they don't believe it's dangerous?

I'm not arguing with you - the skin lightening boards (like the religious boards) seem to erupt (routinely) into angry responses.

I don't understand why people lighten (I truly don't), why they don't want to hear other people's opinions and/or why they would use a product which is believed to be dangerous.

Can we discuss this without arguing? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Aug 6, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Sorry, I am not here to discuss it conjecturally. I am looking for some real evidences. I met many online regarding this and their claims were just bogus.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 08:06 AM
    sorry, I am not here to discuss it conjecturally. I am looking for some real evidences. I met many online regarding this and their claims were just bogus.

This is a Q and A site - if you prefer to only ask and not answer, that's your prerogative.

I see nothing conjectural about a discussion based on scientific evidence and a specific product. I see nothing indicating guesswork.

Physicians and scientists have posted their experiences and the results of their testing - how is that conjecture.

If you use the AMHD "search" feature you will find over 100 threads - here are just a few based on actual experience: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...p-188828.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...p-188828.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...up-188828.html.
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Personal message to one member posted for the whole site to see screams bogus.

Aug 6, 2012, 06:22 PM
    True, They may be dermatologists or pharmacists but my beef is to find out who has used it. Physicians always talk about conjecturally even if they don't have solid evidence. Usage of monobenzone and its supposed nature of 'disfiguring the skin or irregular white patches' are not evidence based reports always. You may not find a real case study. If they are doctors,it doesn't mean I or we are simpletons. In fact, I have studied well beyond than a medical student does.

Another stumbling point is how to find a real 'subject' to this case online. How to believe them is a 50-50% (hypothetical) case too. However, taking up risk may give some salient information because it is based on evidence. I am just bottlenecked to collect this info anyway than from a doctor's view point which I already know.

Doctors always need to rely upon knowledge-based views than evidence-based view which is unavailable to them.Unfortunately, all they have is a materia medica or a source and they are puppets of that source. However, I need to scrutnize a real client and find out it whether it is fake or genuine (by using linguistic patterns to detect lies).

Thank you for your input by the bye.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljr View Post

You're right - there is an intent here.

I am going to ask a Mod if it's appropriate to close.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 06:31 PM
    So, you will accept the advice given by an anonymous individual? The reason we don't permit questions and answers via PM is so that we can be sure the advice given is legitimate.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Doctors always need to rely upon knowledge-based views than evidence-based view which is unavailable to them.
    Incorrect, we practice on evidence-based practice. Knowledge is handy, but evidence is key.

Aug 6, 2012, 06:36 PM
    I checked your links by the way. It may be a legit one but she has no pictrue to support it. All she said there is I am gloomy so I can't upload a picture ( can't believe it 100%). Secondly, monobenzone creams are supposed to use it continuously than stopping it suddently once you see patches.It is quite clear that she stopped using it.what she is going to lose once she stops it by the way? If she'd used it continuously,he patches would have even out. Unfortunately, her case can't even take it up seriously because no evidence(photo).Even if she submits, how could we make sure it is not photoshopED ? I have some others who used the same cream for longer period and got patches but she used it regulary.As a result, all those disappeared. Now she is using it occasionally to maintain the level. However, I need to hear from other clients.
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    So, you will accept the advice given by an anonymous individual? The reason we don't permit questions and answers via PM is so that we can be sure the advice given is legitimate.
    Like I said, posting a question publicly but soliciting only an answer from a single particular member, in effect, discrediting everyone else, screams bogus.

Perhaps it is to draw attention (advertise) the named member's past posts? Shady.

Aug 6, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Ok, Group A- doctors or so called experts

Group B - real clients

If I can analyze them, I will choose 'The Group B' because it is more direct. It is not easy when doctors are not researches but they rely their inspection on ' some researches' and then their council's verdict on it. So,basically it is not that direct. I do not believe any doctor's opinion ( I am so sceptic). I may consider some expert opinion/s though. However,it doesn't mean I need to be an underdog of their suggestions.

I am looking for someone who is a real client than a doctor. Yet, I need to figure out their usage and its frequency. This is an inquest than a conquest ( to me). I must remain analytical and unbiased.

Doctors normally push their clients with their knowledge based opinions. Until a case is diagnosed, all the tools are hypothetical.What else more? Some diagnoses have been found as faulty too. Unfortunately,our medical science's excellency is not accurate; more or less they are helpless in some terminal conditions/situations.I am also aware that medical experts endeavour their best to deliver accuracy.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Like I said, posting a question publicly but soliciting only an answer from a single particular member, in effect, discrediting everyone else, screams bogus.
    Yes, it would if it were done in PM. When posting a question here the answers can come from any number of people not just a "single particular member.

Perhaps it is to draw attention (advertise) the named member's past posts? Shady.
    Anyone advertising is quickly banned from the site.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 06:54 PM
    I checked your links btw. It may be a legit one but she has no pictrue to support it. All she said there is I am gloomy so I can't upload a picture ( can't believe it 100%). Secondly, monobenzone creams are supposed to use it continuously than stopping it suddently once you see patches.It is quite clear that she stopped using it.what she is gonna lose once she stops it btw? If she'd used it continuously,he patches would have even out. unfortunately, her case can't even take it up seriously because no evidence(photo).Even if she submits, how could we make sure it is not photoshopED ? I have some others who used the same cream for longer period of time and got patches but she used it regulary.As a result, all those disappeared. Now she is using it occassionally to maintain the level. However, I need to hear from other clients.

What is your big "need" to hear from other clients?

Aug 6, 2012, 06:55 PM

I won't. I am just looking for a real client. Then,it is my duty to scrutinize whether they are real or fake. After that, I have to find out their method of using it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search