Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimberM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 11:00 PM
    Theft Over $5000 - First Offender - Nova Scotia
    Hello,

Recently I was put into a situation where I stole $5000 worth of Items from a Store in Nova Scotia, Canada. Since then I have Moved, and Changed who I Am.

Anyway, I was Confronted by two officers at my door in April; informing me that I was Under Arrest, read off my rights, then Asked Questions Regarding the Items I Stole (3 people were part of this, one was let off on a warning). I took the officers to where the Stolen Items were and he Collected them.About three items were missing after he collected all 16 items from all three of us. (I had 5 items in my house, and the others had 11 Items in theirs)

He told me that the I Qualify for the Youth of Justice Program (Restorative Justice), but haven't heard from them Yet (he submitted the application at the end of may) and my Court Date is in October .

This was my First and Last Offence, Im assuming I'm going to jail and I'm sure I will not last as I'm just a Nerdy Kid.

I Just turned 17, was 16 at the time of the offence.
    What is the possible outcome in court, and what about Restorative Justice? Am I going to hear from them? I was very helpful regarding the investigation, I got some phones back, and cooperated fully.

On my Court Paper it says I'm being charged with "Break and Enter" ? Im so Confused and Worried. Also, I have not gotten a attorney yet, at what time would be best to get one?
    Im currently unemployed, also is it possible to get a pardon for the offence?
    Sorry for all the questions, any answer would help and be appreciated

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations nova scotia for dwi [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on a dui and dwi charge?

First time offender, theft under 5000 [ 13 Answers ]

First of all, I want to mention that I have reviewed plenty of the threads here where people have had similar situations to me, and would like to thank those who had periodically provided answers. I just recently got myself into a horrible situation where I was charged with theft under 5000 for...

Caught shoplifiting Nova Scotia [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently caught shoplifting from a grocery store in Nova Scotia and I was caught stealing less than $90 worth of merchandise. Prior to this, I had been arrested for a break and enter and theft x3 which was 2 years previous to this. I was given the ability to be put in the Adult...

Statue of limitation in Nova Scotia [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old credit card debt from 1998-1999. In 2005 a collection agency contacted me by letter wanting to collect. At that time I sought professional help from a debt relief company. I was told not to worry about it because the statue was about to run out. Recently I have been contacted...

Statue of limitations in nova scotia [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statue of limitations of credit card debt in Nova Scotia and where I can call or find this proof.I was told there was no such thing but I know this is not true.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.