Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkiecuti18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Deleting PS2 game files
    OK, here's the deal. I was playing this game on my PS2 and I saved when I forgot I wasn't supposed to. Is there a way for me to delete just part of a game file without deleting the whole thing, kind of like going back in time? Thanks!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 08:39 PM
    PS2 uses memory cards, if you saved a game then it overwrote the last saved game, unless you saved in a new memory slot.

You can't erase only part of the saved game, its one block of memory that saves exactly where you were, if you don't have multiple save points and really messed up and can't continue you will have to restart from the beginning
    monkiecuti18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
    What do you mean Multiple Save Points?!
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 17, 2007, 08:39 AM
    He means that multiple save points I think as in more than 1 memory block to save your game on your memory card like I have medal of honor: european assault and it has different save points for all my friends to save their games too. Well at least I think that's what he means.

And no you can't delete part of the file, you got to delete all of it
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Exactly, I was meaning that if you saved after each level in a new memory slot then go back to an older saved game, but if you constantly re-save in the same slot then your screwed if you want to go back... that's all
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 18, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Exactly!! I save in 1 mem slot because I use strategy guides... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I delete files from my PS2 memory card? [ 4 Answers ]

I have files there from rented games and I want to free up some space. TIA.

I Can Close Items w/o Deleting? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Curlyben, You wrote that one can close programs not used so they don't take up so much space on the Start-Up.. Is that what I think? You mean, Adobe, Acrobat, QuickTime, etc. can actually be closed and free space-but will stay there if needed later? Umm, will you pretend I'm 10 years old and...

PS2 game questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which of these 2 PS2 games are better and more fun to play. Either Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid? (Splinter Cell has not come out yet) I want to rent it before buying it, and want to rent the better of the two. I've been told that Metal Gear Solid is a somewhat difficult...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search