Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Can I Apply for Work in US or Canada?
    Hello!
    I am really hoping to work to other country. US or Canada preferably. My question is, can I apply for work there even I am here in manila, philippines? I have a stable job here, Im a call center professional. I want to work there for greener pasteur and change of environment. I am not so confident in applying for US visa here because people say it's like passing through a needle. It's so very difficult. I guess there's nothing wrong in dreaming. I hope someone could help me outhere.
    Thanks a lot :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Millions of illegal aliens cross the border unchecked each year. In that our national guard are ordered just to watch and not to stop them, and don't even let them be armed normally.

And the border patrol is under staffed and have even been charged with crimes when they use weapons to stop them.

So yes many in the US have little desire for anyone that does not want to go though the legal channels to get here.

There are Visa rules and regulations, and if you want to try and get here you need to apply,
    You can sit and complain or want, or you can try, it is up to you.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Your best chance is to apply to companies in the US or Canada that work in your field, if they decide to hire you they will do all your immigration paperwork for you. You cannot legally enter either country and then apply for a job, unless of course you have family there who will sponsor you to move into the country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apply to a university in US for PhD [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody,:) I am planning to pursue my academic study as a PhD student in a US university, but I really do not know how to cope with its procedure, however, I have been visiting many US universities homepages and accumulated a mass of information and conditions for applying, which one may...

View more questions Search