Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdao87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Trying to get over my ex
    I was with my ex for four and half years. We were engaged as well. We had financial problems which lead to the engagement being called off. He left me for a friend's friend and moved back to our home city, leaving me pretty much alone. Three months after no contact, he contacted me again and we started talking. I also moved back and we got back together.

Things were going good, we even talked about marriage again. The last few weeks we were together, we began growing apart, but I still loved him and wanted to be with him. I made the mistake of talking to another guy, which made him really jealous and he ended things.

He is now in a relationship with a friend of the guy I was talking to. I feel really hurt and depressed all the time. I can't stop thinking about him and wishing he would take me back. In essence we were really good together, except for the financial part, which we were working on. He doesn't want me contacting him as he is concerned about her feelings.

I can go a day or two without contacting him, but then I just relapse and text or call him. I don't know what to do. I'm sad and alone all the time. I don't have a lot of friends or family to talk to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Not having family or friends to talk to is no excuse for relapsing and breaking the No Contact Rule. Sure its hard in the beginning, but as you focus on yourself and not HIM, then you will gradually build a life that makes you happy without him.

For now though, because the hurt is fresh, when you think of him and want to text or call, do something good for yourself, and do different new things to learn and focus on.

Takes time is all and healing is a process you cannot rush or skip through.

Good Luck.
    here2assist Posts: 101, Reputation: 27

Aug 7, 2012, 11:14 PM
    He told you not to contact him so you must respect his wishes. He's seeing someone else and as much as that hurts you need to remove him from your life entirely. Do this for your sake especially.

There's nothing worse than trying to put the past behind you only to have it shoved back in your face by a text of phone call from the ex.

I think we've all experienced sadness and loneliness. It totally sucks but you're never going to get out of the rut by being in touch. I'm here to tell you that you'll just continue to set yourself back by talking to him. I've gone through it myself and any progress you make is going to be cancelled out when you contact him. Don't learn the hard way like I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search