Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stev379 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Drain water lines - Should I also drain the water heater?
    When I drain the water lines to replace a toilet, do I need to also drain the water heater?

Thanks,
    -Steve
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Why drain the water lines?

Before installing new toilet, flush the system at the toilet hook up. Be sure to have a bowl under valve and a cup to deflect water to bowl.

Then follow instructions to install toilet.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom water lines comes out from wall and drain is in the floor help [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! I bought a new bathroom vanity and had a plumber (?? ) to come and install the unit. I needed to build a half wall to accommodate this unit and some floor issues and so the plumber replumbed the supply lines on the wall and stubbed them out and they are galvanized. I built my wall around...

Disposal Spins, Water Will Not Drain, Drain Lines are Clear [ 5 Answers ]

The disposal sounds fine and appears to spin as it should except water does not drain from the sink. I am able to spin the blades from the drain at the top with a long wooden spoon and the power off. Same for the allen wrench port on the underside of the disposal. All drain lines appear to be...

Can you pass water or drain lines through the foundation, below ground level? [ 2 Answers ]

From Toronto Canada I am planning on building a cabana by our pool and installing a Saniflo macerating toilet. The drainage pipe for this is 3/4" PVC pipe. Due to the ground grade and distance of the cabana to the house (40') to give the drainage adequate downward slope, by the time I reach the...

How to route a water heater drain pan when there is no drain close by [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I have to drain the water heater pan to the outside of the house but, I live in a condo and space is very limited, I have the a/c furnace above th water heater, can I hook The drain pan pipe to that of the a/c?

Elimination of drain and water lines [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a 2 sink bath vanity with a single sink. How do I close off or cap the water lines and the drain pipe. Thanks.

View more questions Search