Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloesdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 05:02 AM
    Flow drops on Delta kitchen faucet after running for a few seconds
    Our single-handle Delta kitchen faucet was leaking slightly from the handle when it was turned on. I replaced the seats and springs using a kit from Ace Hardware. The leak stopped and the faucet worked great for a couple of weeks. Now, when we turn it on, either hot or cold, the pressure drops to around 10~20% of normal flow within about 2 or 3 seconds. If we turn it off and then back on, the flow is normal and then drops again within 2 ~3 seconds.By the way, we have very good city well water that is treated by reverse osmosis. There is no sediment problem. Our home is only 8 years old and our water pressure is great (90 psi +)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Remove faucet aerator, turn on faucet briefly. If pressure stay normal replace or clean aerator. If pressure continues to drop, remove spout and look for obstruction.

Ninety pounds of pressure is far to great. Adjust pressure regulating valve on main line into the house, if you have one. If not install one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert low flow kitchen faucet to regular flow? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a new kitchen faucet installed. It is a pullout model made by Kohler. I unscrewed the spray spout from the hose and turned on the water. The flow was great and full force, so I know the restricter is in the spray spout, but I didn't see anything in the handle that I could remove...

How to convert a low flow kitchen faucet to regular faucet [ 8 Answers ]

We purchased a beautiful used pullout kitchen faucet, spent $34.00 for additional parts and installed it in a vacation home. It looks great, works fine and no leaks. However, after installing it we fine out it is a low flow faucet. How can we convert it to a regular flow faucet. PLEASE HELP...

Delta kitchen faucet repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the seats and springs in a Delta single handle pullout kitchen sink faucet

Kitchen faucet makes howling noise & pressure drops [ 4 Answers ]

We installed a new kitchen faucet less then a year ago, it worked great. Now it makes howling noise when turned on, hot & cold both make noise. And then the water pressure will drop. I don't know what kind of faucet, it has the touch shut off handles. What is causing this noise & drop in pressure.

Dripping Delta Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single-handle Delta kitchen faucet that will not stop dripping. I did some research online and learned to buy a replacement kit to replace the interior workings of the faucet. I have done that, and have replaced every interior part, both O-rings, the springs and seals (which I am told is...

View more questions Search