Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurenn1812 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 02:10 AM
    I want to get put into care?
    I'm a 14 year old girl and I want to get put into care, for different reasons. But the mean reason is no one cares about me here, my sister or my brother don't speak to me anymore. They act as if I don't exist and my sister tells me all the time she can't wait till the day I die, which made me realise I'm not wanted in this house.. I wanted to run away but I knew that wasn't the answer, I've been wanting to get put into care since last year when I realised it would be better. Please help me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 5, 2012, 02:37 AM
    Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.
    laurenn1812 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.
    I don't care now, I'd do anything to get away from here
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:11 AM
    Grow up and leave. What brothers and sisters think and esp what they say to each other are never the same. They may act and tell you they hate you, but you will be best friends normally in older years.

And I you really don't want anyone to care for you, go into state care, in a home where you have nothing, and controlled every minute often. You are nothing but a paycheck to them.
    And you did not talk about your parents, just siblings.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenn1812 View Post
    I've been wanting to get put into care since last year when I realised it would be better.
    Wherever did you get the idea it would be better? Most foster parents don't care that much about their charges. They are simply a stopping point for the child.

What you are describing sounds very typical teen angst. Running away isn't the answer. That could be very dangerous for you. Foster care isn't the answer because the only way you would be removed from your parents is if it can be proven you being legally abused or your parents would agree.

I suggest you try to get an intermediary (clergyperson, school counselor) to get you and your parents together and talk this out. Maybe there is a relative (grandparent, aunt/ & uncle) you can move in with for a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Put an individual into care [ 2 Answers ]

Firstly, thank you for taking a moment to look at this. I make this as short as possible and to the point. I live in a block of flats in an "Estate" full of Social Houses. I live in a 13 story block of flats, on the top floor (just a few above me) is a guy who's getting around £198 per week...

I want to be put into care [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I've been unhappy at home since I was really young, it doesn't feel like a home and we basically have to look after ourselves. My dad lives in dubai and sends money home to my mum to spend on our food and clothes. My mum has a really bad case of multiple sclerosis, and takes it out on...

How do I get put into care ? [ 2 Answers ]

I know it sounds crazy but I hate my home life ! Me and brother fight all the time I have had cuts and bruises from him , me and my mum don't get along ever , I hate her so much I ask my friends to help me run away . I self harm because I hate my life and I spend all my time at home in my room or...

Why do I put up with someone who could care less 4me? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't understand what is wrong with me. I'm in a relationship with someone who in my opinion doesn't care the least bit about me or my feelings (only when he wants something from me). He is always lying to me about everything I don't trust him at all because it's always a lie. He never wants to...

View more questions Search