Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Very true. Back then things were different. Also, when I was in high school (Catholic high school), things were different than they are now. That was a while ago. :(

Damn, now I just feel old.

I always say I was a good student because there was a lot less World History to learn.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I always say I was a good student because there was a lot less World History to learn.
    LMAO! I love it!

Thanks for making me smile Judy. :)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Biggest sinners make the best preachers, look who Jesus choose,
    Agreed, I haven't met anyone who wasn't flawed EVER. It takes a humbled person to admit it and move on. We are ALL on the same level anyway. Sin is sin and he who is without sin should cast the first stone. Jesus said it best.. those who are forgiven much... love him much.

The church, and it really doesn't matter what denomination they claim to be, needs to just preach Jesus and the gospel of grace. If they preached the Jesus of the bible and true grace I believe they wouldn't have to worry about what religion a parent is or man made rules and regulations to become a member. This gospel is attractive enough to capture everyone. Who doesn't want love and to be loved?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Very easy to judge other people.

I know former drug addicts who are now thumping their Bibles. Do they think nobody notices?
    I was just thinking on this comment today as I am preparing to welcome a teenage girl to my home who just got out of rehab for drug abuse. She is a Christian and in fact was saved young. You never made it clear why you posted this. I am not making the connection at all.

God LOVES her just as she is... Jesus separates what we DO from who we ARE. That is the great thing about Christianity. Jesus just loves us anyway. The bible says it is the goodness of God that leads us to repent. Anyway I will love on her and accept her because that is revealing the Lord Jesus to people. That is what we are called to do in Church and what the pulpits are sometimes lacking, in my view.

Also you made mention to Alty that you were wary of people who speak on religion they know nothing about. I want to make sure we are on the same page here. Because Judy... I wasn't talking about Jews in a demeaning way and certainly not even talking Judisim in the other thread. I was simply saying it is the Jewish people that seal the deal for me that God is alive, well, and his Word is Truth. You seemed offended by my post and I still don't understand why it was offensive. I'm not sure you read it closely. Just thought I would set the record straight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic girl wants to marry a Hindu boy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Catholic girl who wants to marry a Hindu boy. My parents said that they will only agree if he converts to a Catholic. He is afraid to hurt his parents. How do I go about this? Help needed urgently.

Can hindu girl marry a christian catholic boy? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a Hindu girl and I love a Christian catholic boy. I want to marry him but before that I want to know is there something written regarding not to marry non-Christian in bible? Can I marry him?

Marriage - Catholic and Hindu [ 6 Answers ]

I am Catholic and my boyfriend is Hindu. When it comes to the Catholic church there are a lot of rules about marriage. A rule says that you can marry someone outside your religion if they sign a paper agreeing to raising the kids catholic. Is there a way around this rule? Is there a way to marry...

View more questions Search