Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randommustaches Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2012, 09:49 PM
    How do I know if I am annoying my guy
    I have this guy best friend. He also is my brothers friend; they work together. So I text my guy friend as soon as I wake up each morning because we talk almost 24/7. Apparently he told my brother that I text him as soon as I wake up even though he is still asleep. And he told him that he feels obligated to text back and stay away because ge doesn't want to be a butthole. Does he want to text me or is he just being nice? Am I annoying him?

And I have found that I really like this guy but I'm afraid to tell him because. He told me he loved this other girl but she won't date him. So I don't know if he likes me or not, Even though he compliments my looks and we have so much fun together? I need help and advice please!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Stop texting him at all and treat him like your brother's friend (not yours) and see what happens.

Aug 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
    But if I stop texting him he will text me as soon as he wakes up because I haven't texted him. I didn't text him once before and texted me to see what's wrong. Is that good?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Why is texting so important to you?

Aug 4, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Well we go to school together and we are on break so texting is almost the only way we can communicate because he works a lot
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Every day??

Aug 4, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Basically haha we never really see each other a lot
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 10:54 PM
    I'm thinking it's a good way to turn him off. Guys hate to feel obligated.
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Aug 4, 2012, 11:06 PM
    I concur with Wondergirl. From a male's perspective, if he was in to you, t would have been made clear by now.

How old are you and how old is this guy? How does your brother feel about all of this?

It could be that he's putting up a front for your brother, but I wouldn't count on that being the only explanation.
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Aug 4, 2012, 11:09 PM
    Just to add to my previous post, you have basically started a routine by texting him every single morning. He's grown accustomed to it, and if you want to see how he actually feels. Don't text him until he chats you up, and then don't respond immediately. You need to not only show to him that you can be unavailable, but honestly you NEED to be unavailable.

From what I have seen, girls that are always available also happen to be the ones who don't become their girlfriend but rather someone to fool around with.

For your own sanity, distance yourself.

Aug 5, 2012, 09:42 PM
    Well I am 15 and he is 17. And my brother doesn't really mind. But he isn't the kind of guy that would use me or fool around with me. So if I leave him alone and he doesn't text me first then what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randommustaches View Post
    Well I am 15 and he is 17. And my brother doesnt really mind. But he isn't the kind of guy that would use me or fool around with me. So if I leave him alone and he doesn't text me first then what?
    If he doesn't send you a text first, initiate a text, I guess he just wasn't as into you as you thought he was. Or he hates texting and was doing it only as an obligation.

Aug 5, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Well I don't think he has an issue with texting. But I just feel that maybe I am a burden to him. So I won't text him tomorrow unless he texts me first.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 09:56 PM
    I think if you want to annoy him and make him begin to dislike you, be sure to text him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Texting is the downfall of society. No one ever speaks face-to-face any more.

Apparently you annoy him because you text him when you wake up and he is still asleep, then he feels obligated to text you back.

Back off already, yes, you are being annoying.

Aug 5, 2012, 10:21 PM
    I won't text him anymore. Thanks for the advice everyone
    jay-stud Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2012, 08:51 PM
    He told u up front that he loves a different girl. Honestly u need to ask him about it andsee what he says. Let him text u first and if he doesn't you'll get the picture

Aug 6, 2012, 09:20 PM
    I didn't text him this morning. He texted me since I didn't talk to him first.. now what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 09:24 PM
    Did you reply?

We just don't want you doing 100% of the texting and annoying the heck out of him. He texts sometimes, and you text sometimes.

Aug 6, 2012, 09:26 PM
    I didn't reply for an hour. And we haven't talked all that much this evening

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is she annoying me? [ 3 Answers ]

So I am a girl and there is a girl that is two years younger than me, and we both like the same guy. What confuses me is, all year she has been trying to get me to ask this guy out. At the end of the year, there was a big dance and he asked me to go with him so I did. When I told her she seemed...

Annoying him? [ 25 Answers ]

My boyfriend lately has been telling me things that I do to annoy him. It really hurts my feelings. Is that a sign of him getting tired of me?

Reallyy annoying guy [ 3 Answers ]

OK there's this guy in my school who iz the most irritating kid ever rghhhhhh he's very popular but I really don't c y he's one of those people who you see or hear and you just want to strangle them hahaha not really but I really hate him and I think he hates me too. The worst part of it was in...

How can I be less annoying? [ 4 Answers ]

Some people find me to be sortof annoying, how do I become.. well... less annoying?

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

View more questions Search