Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marmie70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Sudden cat attacks
    Our 5 year old male cat has recently attacked my husband twice; once when husband was having coffee at the kitchen bar, and tonight when he was asleep in his recliner. This is an indoor/outdoor cat that we rescued from a wild situation, tamed and had neutered. The attack tonight was really bad, with deep claw tears in the upper and lower arms. This cat has a female sibling that we rescued at the same time. They are both friendly with us, like attention, but don't like to be held or cuddled; they come and go as they feel safe. When company comes, they do not like to be near.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 09:04 PM
    As soon as possible, I would take the cat to a vet for an evaluation. There may be something healthwise going on. Rule that out first. And mention the attack to the vet.

Had the cat been watching another cat or a wild animal outdoors (through a window)? I'm thinking displaced aggression.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden violent house cat attacks [ 9 Answers ]

One of my parent's house cats they have had for 11 years began to display sudden and without any external cause aggression. In the past two weeks she has at different times of day and with apparently no reason viciously attacked them (and one of the other cats) 4 times. She also had a fit once...

Why is my cat hiding all of a sudden? [ 7 Answers ]

Why is my 17 yr old cat all of a sudden hiding in places she normally would not go, like under the enclosed entertainment center, or under the recliner or on top of my kitchen cabinets about the refrigerator ? She was yowling every day a few weeks ago, then that stopped, and she started hiding. She...

1 1/2 year old cat suddenly attacks dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I got our cat when she was a kitten. She's about a year and a half old the dog is about seven. They have got along fine till today. One min. she's fine the next min she freaks out and starts attacking the dog. The only thing I can think of is, I think she's going into heat, but she's...

Puppy attacks cat flap [ 2 Answers ]

My staffordshire bull terrier puppy who is 12 weeks old keeps attacking the cat flap, she is not too bad if door is open but if door is closed she goes mental, how can we sort this?

Aggressive cat, attacks repeatedly [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my cat for about 3 years. He's a neutered male acquired as a kitten. He's never been abused (that I know of) and is very lovey most of the time. Often, though, he will lunge at me and bite me HARD drawing blood. Sometimes it's when I'm petting him, but sometimes it happens when I am...

View more questions Search