Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EraEra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Traveling For U.S. Felons
    My husband is a convicted U.S. felon. He has served his time and is not on probation or under any restrictions. His offense occurred 10+ years ago. We are currently applying for our passports, I know there are currently no laws prohibiting him from obtaining a passport but I am concerned about traveling. We would like to take a cruise in Italy and do some more travel to other countries. I have been trying to find information online, however I have not been very successful. Does anyone know about traveling for felons? I am concerned with the permissions of his entry as a "tourist" to various countries, particularly Italy for now, but information about entrance into other countries is also appreciated!
    People don't always make the right decisions, and make mistakes. My husband is a good man who made a bad decision. A decision he regrets deeply. I would hate to find out that his opportunity to see the world is no longer allowed because of his mistake. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Each country has its own rules and even what type of felony makes a difference. So you will have to check with the embassy of each nation to verify.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted felons traveling to australia [ 5 Answers ]

I live outside the U.S. and have a newly issued passport in that country (not USA). I was convicted of a felony 4 years ago (non aggravated). I now want to visit Australia and have to obtain a visa through their local embassy. Will Australia immigration (embassy) find out about my felony in the...

Financial aid for felons? Is there any monies available for felons who are just being [ 2 Answers ]

Released. For things such as Tools, Housing, Clothing, Schooling etc. And where do we apply ?

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

One way traveling [ 2 Answers ]

Seen I can not fight can I take a one way cruise to my destination

View more questions Search