Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjohn03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 11:46 AM
    York furnace fan not working
    The fan on my York furnace clicks when I attempt to turn it on. I changed the relay last week and it worked until this mornong but now nothing. Any ideas?
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Test it at the leads to see if the voltage is getting to the motor.

If you have voltage at the motor and no motor running the motor is bad.

Make sure you have checked the run cap first that it has not popped because it will not start with out some assist.

video on how to check the voltage at the motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVtpR2BekYM
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2012, 11:52 AM
    If you have 0 voltage on a call for fan-on at the thermostat than the motor is not getting the voltage to start. You have to back up that route to see if you have a problem on the green thermostat wire, hi voltage wiring to the motor etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My York furnace is not working [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the same issue with my York furnace, red light blinking 3 times. It has been very cold at night, kids are freezing, could anyone help us out??

York Furnace not working, 6 flash error code - HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 6 year old york furnace that doesn't seem to be working anymore. The burner turns on for 20 sec each time up to 3 times then goes out. I took out the ignition sensor and cleaned but doesn't seem to work. When I look at the error code, it gives me 6 flash lights. Any Help would be...

My York furnace Fan doesn't turn on when I want fan only feature otherwise works. [ 7 Answers ]

My York Furnace Fan doesn't turn on when I set the thermostat to fan only otherwise it works during the heating cycle. When someone sets the thermostat to fan only for me while I am in the basement oserving what happened I hear a click and then a red light flashes briefly on the White Rodgers...

York furnace not working [ 1 Answers ]

My york furnace indicator light flashes 4 times. Does not work it has a new filter. Home olnly 4 yrs old

York Furnace nothing is working [ 1 Answers ]

York Furnace, power to unit on but no LED lights or flashes.

View more questions Search