Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lreid1969 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 02:50 AM
    Friend Who Ignores Me Now.
    I have a friend that I used to walk with to get exercise. We became closer friends. We called each other about every day and walked together in the mornings. Then, our van broke down and I didn't have transportation. My friend was very kind to take me where I needed to go and I paid her gas money above and beyond what she needed for gas. She would come and get my family for church on Sunday mornings with her grandfather's van since her car was too small to hold all 6 of my family.

Then one day, she wouldn't answer my phone calls. She wouldn't return my calls when I left a message. She quit coming over to walk with me because she said she didn't have gas to get to my house. She's been standoffish. I asked her if I offended her or hurt her feelings. She said no. But, now she won't return my calls or hardly talk to me.

What do I do since I've already confronted to her and apologized if I had done something to hurt/offend her? What do I do when she ignores me now?
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2012, 03:36 AM
    It appears as if maybe you over stayed your welcome. She's probably sick and tired of being your personal chauffeur and she's doing something about it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Take the hint, and leave her alone, and get your transportation fixed. Understand that kindness can only go so far.

Aug 5, 2012, 03:56 AM
    My transportation has finally been fixed. It was not fixed at the 1st mechanic, 2nd mechanic, nor 3rd mechanic. It went to a 4th mechanic and was finally fixed. I let my friend know my van is fixed now. I let her know how much I appreciated her help. Either I must have said/done something to offend her and she won't tell me and obviously I already know I overstayed my welcome. I tend to analyze too much. Either way, I don't plan to call her anymore because I'm bugging her. I get the hint. I will be kind to her and help her if I find out she is in need. I won't ignore her like she had done me. She knows how to get in touch with me if she needs anything or wants to talk to me. I have prayed about the situation and I have a peace. Still, my feelings are hurt. I would have rather her just come out and kindly tell me her feelings rather than ignore me. A true friendship is all about honesty and communication, not ignoring someone to try and drop a hint.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2012, 04:17 AM
    Gas money plus? You can't put a price on her valuable time. You should have rented a vehicle after no more than a week tops. This sounds like it went on for weeks. I don't think you have a right to be hurt. You didn't just overstay your welcome, you took advantage of someone too polite to be blunt, and you can't expect people to be direct unless you are much closer than walking buddies.

Aug 5, 2012, 04:31 AM
    I tried to rent a vehicle. That's the first thing I tried to do. But, because I don't have a credit card, no one would rent to me. I have a pre-paid credit card, but no one would accept a pre-paid credit card on rental vehicles. My credit is poor and I cannot get a credit card due to prior divorce affecting my credit.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:53 AM
    Then you go to plan C and D - spread the help among many people, while you look to HIRE someone. Churches love to go get people on Sunday! And there's probably someone in the congregation who would have loved the temp job for errands, with pay.
    All I'm saying is that you really need to drop the notion that you have a reason to be hurt.

What I might do is write her a letter telling her how inconsiderate I was of her goodwill, and drop it at her door with a homemade pie, in a few weeks, not right away. A real apology includes not even one shred of an excuse. Nothing about how many mechanics or no credit card, just one line of apology and another of 'I hope someday we can walk together again.'
    here2assist Posts: 101, Reputation: 27

Aug 7, 2012, 11:23 PM
    She probably felt used for rides. I had a friend that held very high expectations for me and I could not live up to them. She expected me to take time off work, drive down to her house to pick her up and take her to the airport. I live in the city. She lives on the south side and the airport is up in the northwest suburbs. I'm sorry but that's ridic. Friendship is about giving but your friend most likely felt like you overstepped your boundaries and demanded too much. I ended my friendship with this girl about a month ago because it was just too much. Sounds like she did the same.
    monsieurjj Posts: 56, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 8, 2012, 12:52 AM
    Are you a guy?

Maybe she fell in love you and somebody told her that you are using her and don't love her better get your facts straight

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do when my boyfriend ignores me? [ 8 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend so much, he is bengoli and I am simple brahman. He love me so much but now he started to ignore me. I can not forget him.

Close friend suddenly ignores me. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a RN program at a community college. In my first semester, I met this amazing girl. She was a bit older than me, but we hit it off real well. We ate lunch together a lot, we went on group dates, we spoke to each other a lot on the phone and Facebook. And we been in the same classes since as...

Why he ignores me after an argument [ 4 Answers ]

Every time my boyfriend and I get into an argument he ignores me for long periods. Like he cannot talk about things he just ignores me then thinks things are supposed to go right back the way they were without talking about the problem. I don't know what to do. I love this man and feel in my heart...

2 weeks together and now he ignores me.why? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question and it is about this guy I have been dating for over 2 weeks now,we got along so great at first but then I invited him to my best friend's birthday party and then the day after he sent me a text asking if we could just be really good friends. I did not reply because I was...

My three year old ignores me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my son is three and when I'm alone with him he does everything he can to be as naughty as possible, he won't listen to a word I say, he shouts at me and he purposefully goes from room to room making as much mess as possible its getting to the point that I can't do nice things with him because I...

View more questions Search