Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherryblossom43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Who is liable?
    A week agao I went to a garage for gas & also asked the attendant to check my oil,when I drove away about a half mile ,my hood flew up and smashed my windshield in,after pulling over ,I immediately returned to the garage ,they refuse to pay for the damages to my vehichle saying my hood ;latch must be faulty ,there was never a problem with my hood at any other time,to me it is obvious the attendant did not close my hood properly,so are they liable for the damages?:confused:
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 5, 2007, 02:56 PM
    I am not a legal expert, but I would imagine you would be help liable if it went to court. Usually the car owner is responsible for making sure things like that are done. Don't know for sure though.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Check with your insurance company. Thank goodness you were not in an accident as a result of this. You and anyone else could have been seriously injured.

This would be a good case for the "People's Court" or "Judge Judy".

I would think your insurance company would give you some good help on this. They will not want to pay for this, if they do not have to. The adjuster can examine your vehicle and if that latch is not faulty, guess what?

Best of luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 05:30 PM
    I would hold that the garage and the person who checked the oil could be held liable for the damage,

You will need to sue them in small claims court if they will not just pay for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who's liable - if anyone? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: An obviously mentally handicapped individual pays for a brand new truck with $30,000 in cash. The salesman breaks into the guys home, steals $100,000 in cash, and gets caught (after the money's gone). Is the dealer liable? excon PS> Seattle PI - today.

Am I liable for money owed? [ 15 Answers ]

I needed a temporary place to stay while going to school and a friend of mine had an apartment she was moving out of... but had a roommate. My friend took her name off the lease (but did not take the electricity out of her name) and so it was only the other girls name on the lease with no bills in...

Liable for unknown debts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing for divorce. I recently found out that my spouse took out a loan for a four-wheeler and a consolidation loan for our credit cards. I was never notified by the lenders that my husband had been granted these loans. Am I still liable for paying half of them. Angel -...

Liable for unknown debts? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing for divorce. I recently found out that my spouse took out a loan for a four-wheeler and a consolidation loan for our credit cards. I was never notified by the lenders that my husband had been granted these loans. Am I still liable for paying half of them. Angel -...

View more questions Search