Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmedon2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Employee let go, owes money to the company
    Hi,
    Situation: Employee did not past the drug test. He was let go. He owns some money to the company - money fronted as te payroll advance.
    Can we hold his check to pay off payroll advance?
    Dondon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Yes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 11:38 AM
    You do not "hold" the check, you deduct any advance ( if it was a real advance) from the check and forward any balance.

An advance is that pay already paid,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former partner owes me money. How do I put a lien on his company? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi It really is not the same matter, but my ex biz partner owes me about 29k as of now. Since his credit was bad when we had a business together, we used my credit to open a business (business CC, company car, office furniture, cash loan, Ipad and Imac) to get them. Since he and I are split *he...

Trying to settle with a trucking company who owes me money [ 1 Answers ]

I am a truck driver who leased to a company and pay my truck off but when I quite them I was told to drop the trailer off they change me to take it back to there home state I know they owe me money but they won't talk to me...

Out of state company owes me money for services rendered- can I take them to court? [ 2 Answers ]

A temp-to-hire service found my resume on careerbuilders.com. They called me and asked me to work for one day administering vaccinations. I was promised in writing that I would receive $30/hour. I filled out and faxed the proper documentation needed to get paid. I was promised that my check...

Company owes me money [ 2 Answers ]

I was contracted by a property management firm in Nebraska to mow lawns in Virginia. I have not received payment. What recourse can I take against this company.

View more questions Search