Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigglingbean Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Am I pregnant, worrying or side effects of UTI?
    Have been on birth control for almost two years now for regulation. I had just started a new month and after a day of taking that month I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. But neither of us had finished, and he was pulling out often to make sure. It only lasted about 5 min before I got to worried. This was about two weeks ago. I just went to the dr for a uti 4 days ago, I was put on Antibiotics. I'm worried I may be pregnant. But I'm not sure if it's the prescription giving me similar symptoms as pregnancy. My period isn't due for another week. Is there anyway I'm pregnant? Or am I just worrying myself into a false pregnancy?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:54 PM
    No birth control is foolproof, so there will always be a chance of pregnancy if you have sex. By the way, the pull- out method is very unreliable.

Aug 2, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    No birth control is foolproof, so there will always be a chance of pregnancy if you have sex. By the way, the pull- out method is very unreliable.
    Yea but he didn't "finish" and kept pulling out to check to make sure he didn't. We are almost 100% sure he didn't get any "swimmers". Im just looking for a comfort
    Education Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 07:21 PM
    You won't get any comfort from anyone here. Pulling out is very unreliable. Not finishing and checking is not foolproof. You can get pregnant without ejaculation taking place. If you are worried about getting pregnant, why didn't you use birth control/ abstain?

Aug 2, 2012, 07:42 PM
    You won't get any comfort from anyone here. Pulling out is very unreliable. Not finishing and checking is not foolproof. You can get pregnant without ejaculation taking place. If you are worried about getting pregnant, why didn't you use birth control/ abstain?
    I am on birth control
    Education Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 08:23 PM
    I understood that you are on because, but when on antibiotics you are usually advised to use a back- up method, that is why I mentioned because or abstaining in my above post.

Aug 2, 2012, 09:25 PM
    I understood that you are on b/c, but when on antibiotics you are usually advised to use a back- up method, that is why I mentioned b/c or abstaining in my above post.
    I wasn't on antibiotics then. It was two weeks after that I got antibotics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I worrying over nothing (Pregnant or Not) [ 2 Answers ]

My last period was March 30th, 2011 and it is currently May 4th, 2011. My regular cycle isn't 28 days, but 33 days. That makes me 3 days late. I've been having, what most women would call, period cramps but I haven't started yet. My breasts are quite sore and I've been exhausted for a few weeks...

I'm pregnant and depressed I don't know what to do since there is side effects on meds. [ 20 Answers ]

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant and really depressed I don't know what to do. I'm not hungry, I can't sleep plus I feel tired and sad all the time. I'm currently living with my inlaws and my mother in law strongly thinks that I don't need it at all and it hurts me a lot cause only I know how I feel...

Am I pregnant or worrying too much? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, from feb-mar, my boyfriend and I had sex 11 times. We used condoms, but no BC pills. We always used condoms, but we did some fooling around without condoms. He was never actually in me without one, but pretty close. At the end of march, I had light spotting on the day my period was supposed to...

Worrying about being pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm normally a couple of days late every time I get my period. I'm on the Yaz pill. I was actually supost to get my period on the 25th. On the 26th I had sex without a condom.. completely forgot that I was due for my period. But didn't think anything of it. Stupid idea right? Probably so. ...

View more questions Search