Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fml222 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 12:59 PM
    Hair test after cocaine
    Okay so I did coke about 35 days ago and now I found out I have a hair test Monday. Ive cut all my hair three times since then including body hair. Right now my hair is about 1/2 an inch long on my hea but I keep my entire body trimmed. What are my chances of passing.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Prior to the usage 35 ago how often did you use?

Aug 2, 2012, 01:04 PM
    I hadn't used in over 2 years
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Cocaine has the highest and most rapid incorporation rate of any drug into hair. It must be assumed that some level of incorporation occurred. That in itself is unusual because with most drugs one time use isn't detected in hair.

One time use can have two results; 1) that the amount was insufficient to attach to hair and 2) that the amount was insufficient to rise above the test cutoff value.

There is no way to predict the result of trimming your hair due to individual growth rate which can vary from .5 to 3.0 cm/mo.

With cocaine your ethnicity and hair color are also influential. Given the same dosage, a blond or red head caucasian is far less likely to test positive than one of African or Asian ethnicity.

Aug 2, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Cocaine has the highest and most rapid incorporation rate of any drug into hair. It must be assumed that some level of incorporation occurred. That in itself is unusual because with most drugs one time use isn't detected in hair.

One time use can have two results; 1) that the amount was insufficient to attach to hair and 2) that the amount was insufficient to rise above the test cutoff value.

There is no way to predict the result of trimming your hair due to individual growth rate which can vary from .5 to 3.0 cm/mo.

With cocaine your ethnicity and hair color are also influential. Given the same dosage, a blond or red head caucasian is far less likely to test positive than one of African or Asian ethnicity.
    Okay well like I've said I've used my clippers at a 1 every time. But for more info I have black hair pretty thick and I am Mexican. And my hair grows pretty fast I did buy some shampoo that is said to work but I am debating on weather to use it or not. What d
    O u think my chance are
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Mexican and black hair are not in your favor with this drug and hair testing.

It's impossible to say. I would guess that the drug is present in the hair but one time use may not be enough to be detected. Also this drug binds to melanin (the color factor) and moves with the growth of the hair. Therefore if it was beyond the point where you cut it is also gone.

Cocaine, in low or single dose is tough to figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass a hair folicle test if I did 1 line of cocaine 3 weeks ago? [ 12 Answers ]

I just got a call for work, and they are requiring a hair follicle test. I do not ussually do drugs but did a single line of cocaine 2 weeks ago, and my test is in 1 week. I never smoke pot or any other drugs, and this was the only time I've done drugs in at least a year or more, am I going to...

Failed my first drug test. I was doing cocaine [ 1 Answers ]

I was sentenced to 10 years probation for assault and battery with a deadly weapon in Florida. I've already served 4 years but today I failed my first drug test. My PO said she had to wait for the results from the lab. I just recently started doing cocaine. What's going to happen now?

View more questions Search