Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beth901 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Pregnant or Paranoid?
    I got on birth control in March. I stopped taking it on the 5th of July. I had light spotting for a week. On July 19th, I had unprotected sex with my husband. He didn't "finish" in me. Thursday night we had sex again, he "finished" in me. Friday morning I woke up and had a very bad upset stomach. I felt constipated the rest of the day (sorry tmi) but since then I've had bad headaches, lower back pains & I've been feeling very tired. And sometimes I get a sharp pain in my stomach. Could I be pregnant? Or am I worrying too much. I haven't had a real period since the beginning of June. Other than the light spotting I've gotten earlier this month. I wasn't taking my BC correctly I skipped a few days in June. I simply forgot. I don't know when I should take a test
    KittyLover7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2012, 12:17 AM
    It takes two weeks of being pregnant to show up on a test... like the cheap tests you get from Walmart or the dollar store... go get one now because it's been over two weeks since the 17th... and make sure you take the test in the morning( its most accurate) and pee a little in the toilet first so the clean pee is tested.. I'd take two of them if I were you though they aren't completely accurate and just take the one tmrow morning and then the other the next morning and then you will know for sure... good luck!! :) and by the way I am absolutely positive on all this so no worries
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 12:23 AM
    Actually, you may not know for sure even if you take two tests. Most women don't get an accurate test early in pregnancy.

It can take some women months to get an accurate result from a pregnancy test. But if your period is late, do try a test using first morning urine. If it's negative wait another week or two, and if you still haven't gotten your period, test again. Keep testing until you either get your period, or a positive result, or go to your doctor for a more accurate blood test.

Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 12:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyLover7 View Post
    It takes two weeks of being pregnant to show up on a test...like the cheap tests u get from Walmart or the dollar store...go get one now because it's been over two weeks since the 17th...and make sure u take the test in the morning( its most accurate) and pee a little in the toilet first so the clean pee is tested..I'd take two of them if I were u tho they aren't completely accurate and just take the one tmrow morning and then the other the next morning and then u will know for sure...good luck!!!!:) and btw I am absolutely positive on all this so no worries
    I have a problem with this. You're telling the OP (original poster) that she will know for sure tomorrow or the next morning. That's not at all accurate. It can take months to get an accurate result on a pregnancy test. Sure, the OP can still try a pregnancy test tomorrow, but there's no guarantee that the result will be accurate, and false negatives are very common. Telling her she'll know for sure, that's simply not true, unless the result is positive, which you can't know until she takes the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant or paranoid? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 20. I had a period on the 28th of July going into August. I haven't had a period since, and have been dizzy, nauseous, tired, have sore breast, and diarrhea. One night I only took one shot of vodka and the next day I had a terrible hangover, and ciggaretts (which I have been smoking since I...

Am I pregnant or paranoid? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have sex regualry and the last time we did we had sex with no condom but he didn't let out inside of me.. I ussualy get my period at the end of the month and I haven't gotten it.. I took two home tests and they both showed up negative, my boyfriend said I haven't gotten it...

Am I pregnant or just paranoid? [ 6 Answers ]

I was unprotected and it happened with my boyfriend. its been 5 weeks, 4 days. My last period was around late November when it ended. I did a test (around 2 weeks after the mistake happened), at the walk in clinic, NEGATIVE , the woman said. But told me to come back in a week, because I may...

Am I pregnant or paranoid ? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time on July13th. We did it two times the first time we used a condom and he pulled out before he went but the second time we did not use a condom but he only stuck it in once for about 3 seconds. After we had sex the first time we had waited about...

Paranoid about being pregnant. [ 1 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend ATTEMPTED unprotected sex. He didn't ejaculate, nor did he put his penis in. I've been feeling sick lately but there's a bug going round and I'm not too sure whether I may be pregnant? I may not of mentioned but I'm very young, and yes I'm ashamed so I don't need people...

View more questions Search