Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heynowkids Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Replacing 70' of existing drain pipe
    What is a fair price for laying new pipe and removing old? Is it reasonable for the plumber to ask to cut down a tree? Two trees? It seems that some type of repair where the problem area that is full of roots, cut be cut away and pvc laid in using end caps. Is that impractical?:confused:
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 05:48 PM
    If you're going to replace the entire side sewer and make it 'tightline' with PVC, then roots shouldn't be a problem.

However, if you're just having a section of concrete or clay tile replaced with PVC, then roots growing into the joints is still going to be a problem.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 07:27 PM
    The practical thing to do is get 4 or 5 estimates and discuss options of each.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing cast iron drain pipe? [ 6 Answers ]

Put in a dishwasher and was working on the drain when I noticed the 2" cast iron drain pipe wasnt in very good shape. I spliced it with a sawzall ans the put pvc in and tried to use a boot on each end but it still leaks. Then from the cutting another joint in it started to leak. Ive decided its...

Replacing tub in 3 wall alcove, trouble reaching drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a old tub that I want to replace that is located in a 3 wall alcove. The supply side of the tub has a 6'' thick cement wall blocking access to the drain system from the backside (house is built on slope, 20y old and this is on bottom floor which is cement, no crawlspace that I know...

Replacing existing shower set [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was a HomeDepot Expo today to buy new shower sets to replace the ones in our existing house (about 10 years old) and they told me something I wasn't sure was true. They said I should replace the old shower set (handles and shower head) with the same brand as the old one unless I planned to...

How to install a stand pipe using existing plumbing [ 6 Answers ]

I'd like to convert the plumbing from a small "grease sink" to a stand pipe for my washer. Is this possible? Is the pipe's diameter too small to accommodate the pressure from the discharge of water from the washer? What's the recommended diameter of the pipes for a stand pipe?

New sink drain 2" off from existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry for the dumb novice question, but thanks in advance for the advice. My new lavatory sink's drain is 2" away from lining up with the existing p- trap drain pipe. I REALLY don't want to cut off the whole p-trap drain to install a new one that would fit where I need it (as someone has...

View more questions Search