Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraehling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 02:34 AM
    Isothermal air compression
    Hydraulic air compression [Trompe--Arthur's compressor--Taylor's compressor ] employ a vertical downpipe to take ambient air down with the water stream to compress it. The process compresses air isothermally and is 70 to 85% efficient.
    Would the system work with a sloping downpipe,and still have a reasonal efficiency ? [conventional air compression is less then 30% efficient]
    Regards Heinz Kraehling

Check out some similar questions!

Compression [ 1 Answers ]

What should the compression be on a 6hp briggs engiane?

Compression [ 1 Answers ]

No cmpression on cylinders 1,2,and 3 but compression on cylinders are 132 on 4,5,and 6

Too much compression [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old poulan lawnmower with a b&s 14.5 h.p motor it will only crank over to the compression stroke new starter and battery When I pull the plug out it turns over fine I drained the oil it had some gas in it changed it twice still the same trouble any ideas?

Old compression nut and compression sleeve [ 27 Answers ]

We have a shut off valve with a slow leak, about a teaspoonful every 10 hours. I want to replace the valve but the copper pipe to which it's attached is too short not allowing me to cut off the old compression sleeve. It's to my understanding that I may use the old compression nut and...

Air cond is blowin air not cool air after power flipped off in storm? [ 4 Answers ]

I tried breakers and that didn't do anything

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.