Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephanie1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
    Primary school teacher in my first year.
    Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me out on the pay I'm intitaled to, I'm in my first year at a primary school.

I've done my master of teaching and on step 5 salary level.

Can you please tell me the gross amount, before and after tax

Kind regards
    Stephanie El
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:05 PM
    You are requesting the impossible from us. Every school district in the world pays differently.

It would be best to contact the HR department of your school board with your questions.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:09 PM
    You will have to take into account a number of things:

1) base salary;
    2) state taxes if you have them;
    3) city taxes if you have them;
    4) federal taxes;
    5) SSI;
    6) insurance, if you receive it;
    7) how you claimed on your W4.. single, married, etc.

Your area of the world would possibly be different from my area of the world. Not all teachers get paid the same.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 PM
    I agree with J-9. Contact the Human Resource department of the school district you work for. Upon being hired, your contract should have stated your pay. You should also be able to contact your payroll dept. for the information on deductions from your base salary. That also should have been discussed when you were hired.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie1982 View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me out on the pay I'm intitaled to, i'm in my first year at a primary school.

I've done my master of teaching and on step 5 salary level.

Can you please tell me the gross amount, before and after tax

Kind regards
    Stephanie El
    I also want to thank you for becoming a teacher. It is one of the most thankless but important jobs! I really appreciate what you do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am now in high school but have a primary school love [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently moved to an all boys high school, but loved a girl who is a year below me in primary. I told her that I like her and she kept her cool(which is one of the reasons that I love her in the first place) but she tried to convince that she wasn't worth loving. This only made me love her...

Teacher wear school uniform to school-Pros & Cons please [ 2 Answers ]

Welll... I'm going to have a inter class debating soon and got to have some pros and cons for preparation. Can u guys help please? Thanks a lot.

What sort of interview questions can I expect as a newly qualified primary teacher? [ 4 Answers ]

I am just starting and have not yet done a job interview for a primary teacher position. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible questions I should prepare or tips for the interview? Would really love some help as I am a total newbe here! Thanks!

Primary school interview [ 1 Answers ]

Why do you want to admit your child in our school

School teacher who has sex with 15 year old boy [ 1 Answers ]

Movie about a school teacher who has sex with mexican boy gets pregnant then goes to prison then gets out then gets caught with boy again

View more questions Search