Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pickerell68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 PM
    Granddaughter has a fever--ER?
    My grandaughter has a fever of 100.9 and keeps going up and down should I take her to hospital?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Have you tried giving her tylenol or motrin? Does she have any other symptoms?
    pickerell68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have you tried giving her tylenol or motrin? Does she have any other symptoms?
    We have all day and it will go down then come back and she's only 6 months old
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 10:41 PM
    If she's only 6 months old and the fever reducer is not working, she needs to be seen. Please take her to the ER.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 10:47 PM
    Get her checked out at the hospital. It may be something as simple as teething, but you need to take her in to find out what it is.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 10:50 PM
    I tell my patients daily that a temperature above 100.4 should be checked out by a medical professional.

Since you have been giving medication, and this has not resolved, it is something that should be looked at to rule out infection.

As Teacherjenn4 said, it could be teething, but it could be something worse.

As a nurse I tend to try to treat at home, but my son, who is now 10, had viral meningitis at the age of 7 months. Best to rule everything out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My granddaughter [ 1 Answers ]

My granddaughters name is emma glazebrook she is 18 years of age She wa adopted and lived somewhere in nottingham I would like to find her for Her mothers sake

My granddaughter [ 0 Answers ]

My son in law is a heroine addict. He and my daughter have a three year old girl. Their marriage is tumultuous. He took their there year old across state lines and sold her to his grandfather for $10,000. Who can I call? The police?

Granddaughter to be ! [ 4 Answers ]

My sons ex girlfriend is pregnant with his child and although they are not together he attends the hospital appointments with her. I live in the uk and I wanted to know what my rights are if any as I am the paternal grandma. She says I can see the baby when its born but she changes like the wind. ...

It looks like I am not going to see much of my new granddaughter [ 18 Answers ]

I was not allowed to be at the hospital when the baby was born and only telephoned after she had arrived. My DIL's mother was with her throughout and even cut the cord. Since her birth, I have been alloted visiting times but DILl's mother sees the baby everyday. I am hurt by this but, have tried...

I do not get to see my granddaughter [ 12 Answers ]

My son and daughter-in-law were married last year. My sister and I helped a lot with the wedding (footing the bill for everything we did). This should have shown my daughter-in-law she was welcomed into the family. She became pregnant and that is when the problems began. Here is a time line:...

View more questions Search