Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livelovecheer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Flexibility
    Hey guys, well I am a varsity cheerleader but I can't do a slit. As I try to go down it hurts really bad. My thigh and calf muscles are tight. Also since I can do a split I can't so a heel stretch and I am a flyer.

P.s stunting practices starts in a week 0.o and I have to be able to do this. Can anyone help me out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 08:01 PM
    If you have to do it in a week, you needed to have started practice and streaching 3 or 4 months ago. It does not happen over night, no magic split pill.

It takes daily streaching and trying to go down as for as possible, even past a small amount of pain. We at our martial arts school have a streach machine, that really helps ( and hurts)

But you just keep pushing a little more and more each week till you reach the goal.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by livelovecheer View Post
    Hey guys, well I am a varsity cheerleader but I can't do a slit. As I try to go down it hurts really bad. My thigh and calf muscles are tight. Also since I can do a split I can't so a heel stretch and I am a flyer.

P.s stunting practices starts in a week 0.o and I have to be able to do this. Can anyone help me out??
    No way to do this in a week.

It takes time, pain, and patience.

I do have a question about a part of your post. I'm a bit confused. Can you, or can't you do a split?

"Also since I can do a split I can't so a heel stretch and I am a flyer. "

Can you or can't you do a split. Also, for the rest of this part of your post, I simply have to say... huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Achieving Flexibility [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not flexible at all! It doesn't help because I want to take yoga and Pilates classes so I wonder what are some good exercises for me to achieve flexibility? Please help!

Back flexibility for scorpion ! Help ! [ 1 Answers ]

I am not on a sr level 4 team, and I the coaches haven't made the routines yet, so I have about a month to get perfect stretches if I'm going to be a flyer. I have great leg flexibility, I can do a heal stretch and a bow and arrow, but I can't do a scorpion, my back is just not flexible at all.. it...

Increasing flexibility? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm currently in my first week of yoga and am having a little trouble achieving certain poses. For example, when I try to touch my toes, I can only comfortably reach my shins. It's been like that since I was little. I realize that I'm still new to this and increasing flexibility...

Lose weight or gain flexibility? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a bit of trouble deciding what sort of exercise to do first. I am just slightly overweight, so I would like to lose weight. But I also want to become flexible so that I can get better results in a medical test that I will have to do at some point. So what would be better for me to do?...

Back flexibility [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in gymnastics now for about 6 months, I'm 19 and I'm starting to gain a little bit of back flexibility, but not enough. Right now I do bridges every night but it isn't near enough still. Is there any other stretches or exercises I could do to gain more flexibility in my back required...

View more questions Search