Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tplong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Salaried employee rules
    Is there a certain amount of hours a salaried person has to work in one day that they will be paid for the entire day even if they leave early? For instance if a salaried person works 8:30 to 1:00 with no break do they get paid for the full 8 hours of the day or do they need to take personal paid time off?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2012, 03:05 PM
    A salaried employee should be paid for each day the show up. However, if they leave early company policy can require that they use sick or personal time for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried Employee Rules [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a salary employee and they ask you to step down, can they take your rate of pay down as well?

Salaried employee rules laws [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is a salaried employee at her company and I've always been union. She was included in the OT category for a short time so they changed her title to (get more free work out of her and avoid paying OT). ~~~ She works 5 days a week, 8-9 hrs a day and then they can force her to work one or...

NYS Salaried Employee Rules [ 7 Answers ]

I have worked as an accounting mgr for 2.5 years at a small construction company. I was hired to work from 8-4 and I get a 1 hour lunch break. I was just told that I cannot go home at 5... I need to stay until everything I need to do that day is done... My boss actually told me that this is what...

Salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?

View more questions Search