Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeahyeah47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:23 AM
    Are you eligible for a grant?
    If you are still on probation for a felon. Are you eligible for a grant?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 1, 2012, 12:39 PM
    What sort of grant as there are many available.
    yeahyeah47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Small business grant to open a Print Direct to garment business. Instead of using today's screen printing process.

I read text about applying for a grant if you have been convictive of a felon and have finished severing you time. I understand that you are able to apply and get a grant.

But I am still on probabtion. Can I get a grant to open a business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 02:57 PM
    First there really are not grants to start most business, there are loans but you will need operating money and a good business plan, Do you have all the costs and estimated costs to operate for at least a year.

Is this going to be a major business hiring a dozen or more people, ( there are grants and tax breaks for businesses that will hire large groups of people.

There are grants for some industry, perhaps solar power, or other energy investments.
    Perhaps if you were a veteran of VietNam or if you are putting the business into a low income area.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 1, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Scammers run a lot of internet ads saying that felons can get grants, but they just want money to get you started, and you will never see a dime. Felons have no more easy access to grants than anyone else. It isn't easy - it's a lot of work and planning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eligible for unemployment? [ 4 Answers ]

I was fired from a temp job after being called aside privately to tell me I had not been a productive canvaser for a PAC, a political action committee funded by private interests.I never got anything in writing about cause, so it could be their word against mine. Will I get benefits? I was not...

Grant received not to be shown as grant [ 4 Answers ]

We have received a grant but we don't want to show that as grant in our financial statements, what are the other options available?

Dual citizenship French/US. Mother French.Am I eligible and is my daughter eligible [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, she had French and American Citizenship.. My sisters and I all have US citizenship. My mother put together all of the paperwork to make sure my sisters and I could have dual citizenship... My sisters all applied for dual French citizenship and received it 17 years ago...

View more questions Search