Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amyyforthestars Posts: 49, Reputation: -1

Aug 1, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Does my guinea pig hate me?
    Aubrey, my guinea pig is only like 3 months old to me I'm not sure how old she really is but she's not yet a year. When I first got her she pooped and peed on me all the time, she was always biting, and really shakey. After a week or two she stopped all of that but she was constantly squeaking with excitement. She would run around her cage like a little psycho. She'd wake me up at 5 every morning and she would sit in the sink while I got ready for work. Now she doesn't wake me up squeaking. Is she unhappy? She used to sleep with me in my bed at night but she pooped one night and my boyfriend didn't allow it anymore. I know I don't give her as much attention as before but I still hold her and give her treats pretty much every day. How do I make her happy again?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2012, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyyforthestars View Post
    Aubrey, my guinea pig is only like 3 months old to me I'm not sure how old she really is but she's not yet a year. When I first got her she pooped and peed on me all the time, she was alway biting, and really shakey. After a week or two she stopped all of that but she was constantly squeaking with excitement. She would run around her cage like a little psycho. She'd wake me up at 5 every morning and she would sit in the sink while I got ready for work. Now she doesn't wake me up squeaking. Is she unhappy? She used to sleep with me in my bed at night but she pooped one night and my boyfriend didn't allow it anymore. I know I don't give her as much attention as before but I still hold her and give her treats pretty much every day. How do I make her happy again?

I'm pretty sure she doesn't hate you. Yes, it sounds like she's unhappy with the changes in her life.

I'd give her more attention.

I don't think guinea pigs urinate on you deliberately - they are rodents and aren't housebroken.

Your other threads say that you work over 45 hours a week on your new schedule and you and your boyfriend "fight" a lot - or did fight a lot. Her life has changed, too.
    Amyyforthestars Posts: 49, Reputation: -1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't hate you. Yes, it sounds like she's unhappy with the changes in her life.

I'd give her more attention.

I don't think guinea pigs urinate on you deliberately - they are rodents and aren't housebroken.

Your other threads say that you work over 45 hours a week on your new schedule and you and your boyfriend "fight" a lot - or did fight a lot. Her life has changed, too.
    She was originally my sisters but she gave her to me because she moved around a lot. So she's had a lot of change in her life so far.

Will she go back to being as happy as she was before I took this job if I give her more attention?

I feel so back because she can't tell me what she needs, and they're not as easy as cats or dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig help [ 0 Answers ]

My guinea pig had a litter of 3 but sadly one was a still born and was dead before it was even born. They are both 2 days old coming close to three. One isn't feeding, has watery eyes, and looks quite tired. We decided to feed the weak baby evaporated milk with lukewarm water, fed with a...

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Guinea Pig mites? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right area to post a question like this. I have 4 guinea pigs and the oldest one has mites. So I looked on the internet and ivermectin at my local country store is only 8 dollars and it comes in a paste form in a tube. If I went to the vet that takes care of exotic pets...

View more questions Search