Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WorriedMom84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 08:56 AM
    3 Year Old With Unexplained Knee Swelling and Pain
    My three year old daughter has unexplained swelling and fluid on her right knee. Lyme test negative. WBC within normal range. X-rays normal. She has had this swelling for 7 weeks. Ortho also ruled out JRA. Both her pediatrician and ortho are stumped. They are setting up an mri at a local children's hospital. She is moody, has no appetite, night sweats, persistent low grade fever of about 99-100 degrees. She complains of being tired a lot. I am unsure if the mri is going to only scan her knee or if other areas will also be scanned. She has also had a dry cough off and on and she seems to get strangled when she is drinking (but isn't that normal for small children). What could be going on and should I ask her doctor to do any other diagnostic testing?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Keep on with the doctors, stay on top of it and make sure they don't slack off on finding what is going on (sadly, that does happen sometimes) keep at it. And if they come back and say nothing is wrong or they can't find anything, then get another opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A 13 year old freshman complains of pain in his right knee. [ 0 Answers ]

You note a raised area on the anterior, proximal tibia. Edema and pain are present at the same spot. You have him do a deep knee bend and note he has difficulty standing up. What is the problem?

Knee pain and ankle swelling [ 2 Answers ]

My husband woke up one morning with knee pain, and thought maybe he had slept on it wrong or pinched a nerve. As the day went on, it started to swell and got warm to the touch. He stayed off it, applied ice off and on, wore a knee brace, and elevated it. Two days later, it's not any better or...

Knee swelling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lump on my knee ,I have had it about 5 weeks at first it was quite squashy and painless ,but now it as gone hard and my knee is starting to ache and I can't kneel on it .its about the size of half a golf ball :confused:

View more questions Search