Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lp1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Floorboards smell of rotten veg!
    Bought my house a year ago. It is a three storey house, with the ground floor filled in about 10 years ago. Recently smelled a rotten veg smell near kitchen table (on first floor). Smell getting worse so pulled up the carpet where smell seemed to be coming from and floorboards smell much worse. Nothing has been spilled, and no sign of old food anywhere. Can't imaging what this smell could be. Who would I contact to investigate this matter?

Would love to hear any helpful comments. Thanks.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 12:07 PM
    If the smell has been gradually getting stronger, there is a good possibility that a mouse or animal has died underneath the floor boards. It will take a couple of weeks for the smell to subside. If you are positive that it is not a dead mouse or other critter, you may want to call in a pest control expert and see what he says. He will know whether it is a dead animal odor or not. He can check to see if there are any openings in the foundation that an animal can get in. If he comes up empty on results or suggestions, the only way you are going to find out exactly what is going on is to rip up the floorboards. I would suggest waiting a week or two to see if the smell goes away before undertaking such a major task.
    voodoohoodoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I recently dug up my floor boards in order to uncover a strange smell, (some thought it was fecal matter, which in hindsight would have been a blessing). Upon excavation, I revealed eight human brains and one cat! I later discovered, after consuming the brains, they were part of a ancient protective ritual, guarding the house from the spirit that now resides inside my anus, causing mischief when I pass wind; road collisions etc.

Good luck with your floorboards!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know where rotten smell from [ 5 Answers ]

My master bedroom (bathroom?) has this rotten smell that I can't trace to anything. We have a septic tank but all the other bathrooms are fine. I checked the attic and found no dead animal or anything. The smell is sometimes strong sometimes weak. It is not obvious that the smell is from a...

Rotten smell in heater [ 1 Answers ]

If there is something dead in the vents and I cannot find it. Could it possilby be from the unit itself? After I checked the vents I dissasembeld some of the unit the vent box and checked inside the heat exchanger and smell was in there. I also checked the return and changed the filter. If the...

Rotten smell in heat [ 1 Answers ]

About a week ago I started to smell a terrible smell coming from the heating vents on a forced air natural gas heating unit that I have. I read some articles about it maybe being a gas leak. I took my carbon monixide detector after making sure it was working all around the house and did get a...

View more questions Search