Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Hey dear,
    Please get yourself checked for Bipolar disorder.. don't want to sound rude..
    bubblegumxox Posts: 97, Reputation: 0

Aug 3, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
    hey dear,
    Please get yourself checked for Bipolar disorder..don't wanna sound rude..
    What's bipolar disorder?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumxox View Post
    What's bipolar disorder?

Bipolar Disorder Center: Symptoms, Types, Tests, and Treatments -

Samaya forgot who he's talking to -
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 09:10 AM
    The substitute thing has to be something you really enjoy doing. One therapist friend told me to wear a rubber band on my wrist and snap it when I had the urge do the bad thing. Pffffft, that didn't work at all.

For instance, if you bite your nails, start taking care of them and wearing polish and getting your nails done. That often will work. My older son is autistic and, when he was younger, used to flap his hands when he got excited. It's called stimming. He learned to substitute a more socially acceptable behavior in place of the hand flapping, so kids wouldn't make fun of him.

Can you think of how this can work for you? Think of a better substitute than what you use now?

Aug 3, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The substitute thing has to be something you really enjoy doing. One therapist friend told me to wear a rubber band on my wrist and snap it when I had the urge do the bad thing. Pffffft, that didn't work at all.

For instance, if you bite your nails, start taking care of them and wearing polish and getting your nails done. That often will work. My older son is autistic and, when he was younger, used to flap his hands when he got excited. It's called stimming. He learned to substitute a more socially acceptable behavior in place of the hand flapping, so kids wouldn't make fun of him.

Can you think of how this can work for you? think of a better substitute than what you use now?
    Oh,I get it now. Thanks

Aug 3, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
    hey dear,
    Please get yourself checked for Bipolar disorder..don't wanna sound rude..
    Okay. It's okay,its not being rude. You were honest so,thanks and I think I will get myself checked for it.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

Sort of off topic but a friend of mine quit smoking this way - "I'd like a cigarette" "Snap" "I don't want a cigarette"

You doing bad things? Never!

Question - if OP sees a therapist would the therapist take a look at bipolar?
    Wlliephant Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2012, 09:31 AM
    yeah I self harm. Thanks for your comment.
    If I'm correct your thirteen, so am I... I knoe what your going through and although I have no idea hod savere your situation is I know how it feels to have people know you as a selfharmer and an attention seeker... if you explained to your friends or to your closest friend your situation maybe they might help you out?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Sort of off topic but a friend of mine quit smoking this way - "I'd like a cigarette" "Snap" "I don't want a cigarette"
    It depends on the compulsive behavior and the client's suggestibility. The snapping can work for cutters too. It didn't work for me, for my problem.
    You doing bad things? Never!
    Just ONE bad thing. I was upset over Princess Diana's death, was at that time.
    Question - if OP sees a therapist would the therapist take a look at bipolar?
    Yes, if the client asks about it. Or if signs are there. Bipolar usually manifests itself around 19-21, during early adulthood.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wlliephant View Post
    If I'm correct your thirteen, so am I...I knoe what your going through and although I have no idea hod savere your situation is I know how it feels to have people know you as a selfharmer and an attention seeker...if you explained to your friends or to your closest friend your situation maybe they might help you out?

Got to tell you - VERY impressive post. 13 years old and you express yourself so well?

Amazing - I honestly am impressed by you.

Aug 3, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Got to tell you - VERY impressive post. 13 years old and you express yourself so well?

Amazing - I honestly am
    impressed by you.
    Thanks;D only. Because I know how it feels and no one should fel that way

Aug 3, 2012, 01:20 PM
    If I'm correct your thirteen, so am I...I knoe what your going through and although I have no idea hod savere your situation is I know how it feels to have people know you as a selfharmer and an attention seeker...if you explained to your friends or to your closest friend your situation maybe they might help you out?
    It's nice to know that your 13. It's not so easy to explain it. The words that I want to say to them just don't come out.

Aug 3, 2012, 01:55 PM
    It's nice to know that your 13. It's not so easy to explain it. The words that I want to say to them just don't come out.
    What do you mean?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 02:14 PM
    What do you mean?
    I think she means that it's nice to have someone here age on the site, someone that may understand her better because we don't.

Funny thing is, you don't seem to understand her either. ;)

Aug 3, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Oohhhh ooops, ngl, no one will understand the reasons for swlfharm unless they are in the position.. when I did it I did it with mainly anger so I had managed to scratch through a few layers of skin and not even feel the pain where I was just too upset and angry only when my hand swelled up and started weeping did I realise how I was greatly affected by the situation that turned me to self inflicted harm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HONDA ACCORD 1992 will cut on and cut off after making loud whistling sounds [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my car on it makes this loud noise and it cuts right back off but it gets very hot fast

My blower on inside unit will not cut off I cut and crimped wires back together [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I put the blue and red wire to the blower on the inside unit

View more questions Search