Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubblegumxox Posts: 97, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "you ask a lot of questions"

That's what we do here. That's why this is such a terrific site. We ask questions and we care about the people (not "ppl") who visit or become members.
    Them I said ye as in the people on the site not you as in directed at one person.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumxox View Post
    em I said ye as in the people on the site not you as in directed at one person.
    I changed "ye" to "you," by the way.

You said that directly to Judy.

How about you use your life experience and the good things you have learned to help other teens/kids who post on the site. Don't go on the legal or medical boards, but write good English (set a good example for others), and do your best to help someone else. I'll keep an eye on you and let you know if your advice isn't the best, but will praise you if it is good advice. What do you think?

Aug 2, 2012, 03:27 PM
    I changed "ye" to "you," by the way.

You said that directly to Judy.

How about you use your life experience and the good things you have learned to help other teens/kids who post on the site. Don't go on the legal or medical boards, but write good English (set a good example for others), and do your best to help someone else. I'll keep an eye on you and let you know if your advice isn't the best, but will praise you if it is good advice. What do you think?
    Em yeah okay but I didn't mean to say it directly to Judy
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Yes, punctuation matters. In fact, I have here a bag of commas I am now giving to you. I want you to use them faithfully. If you run out, let me know and I will give you a new bag. Since you are so nice, I won't charge you. They are free just for you. Okay?

I want to see commas in your posts -- and put them in the right places, or I will take your bag away and give you a time out in the comma factory.

Aug 2, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Yes, punctuation matters. In fact, I have here a bag of commas I am now giving to you. I want you to use them faithfully. If you run out, let me know and I will give you a new bag. Since you are so nice, I won't charge you. They are free just for you. Okay?

I want to see commas in your posts -- and put them in the right places, or I will take your bag away and give you a time out in the comma factory.
    Okay... That sounds like something my English teacher would say
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 09:45 PM
    Yea because you ask a lot of questions and I really hate being judged but I don't let it get to me
    You don't want questions, you don't want to be judged, but you started this thread about cutting, you posted that you're proud of your cutting scars. We didn't ask you to write about this, you chose to, but now we're judging and asking too many questions?

Why did you start this thread? I can't see a single reason other than you wanting attention. What did you expect, answer wise, when you posted this question?

Sorry, but I agree with your friends.

Aug 3, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You don't want questions, you don't want to be judged, but you started this thread about cutting, you posted that you're proud of your cutting scars. We didn't ask you to write about this, you chose to, but now we're judging and asking too many questions?

Why did you start this thread? I can't see a single reason other than you wanting attention. What did you expect, answer wise, when you posted this question?

Sorry, but I agree with your friends.
    Okay. That's your opinion.
    Wlliephant Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Do you self harm... I've scratched a load of my skin of before doing self harming and I've got scars on girl who I thought was one of my mates started trying to do what I had done and it really pissed me of I couldn't tel anyone and I just had to cope... in the end I made sure that whatever happened I couldn't let her get to me I would look down at her whenever she tried to imitate me for attention and now she tries to be nice to me, I hope your okay and be the stronger person... look back at what you've done and make yourself believe your much stronger than that..

Aug 3, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wlliephant View Post
    Do you self harm...I've scratched a load of my skin of before doing self harming and I've got scars on girl who I thought was one of my mates started trying to do what I had done and it really pissed me of I couldn't tel anyone and I just had to cope...in the end I made sure that whatever happened I couldn't let her get to me I would look down at her whenever she tried to imitate me for attention and now she tries to be nice to me, I hope your okay and be the stronger person...look back at what you've done and make yourself believe your much stronger than that..
    Yeah I self harm. Thanks for your comment.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 07:58 AM
    yeah I self harm. Thanks for your comment.

I thought you said you stopped - ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I thought you said you stopped - ?
    You notice, though, she is typing complete words now (not texting) and using punctuation. She has come a long way as far as that goes. How can we get her to stop cutting? Or can we?

Aug 3, 2012, 08:10 AM
    You notice, though, she is typing complete words now (not texting) and using punctuation. She has come a long way as far as that goes. How can we get her to stop cutting? or can we?
    Sorry for interrupting your conversation,but there's no way to get me to stop cutting. It happens over time. Therapy is really all that can stop me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Sorry for interrupting your conversation,but there's no way to get me to stop cutting. It happens over time. Therapy is really all that can stop me.
    You do know why you cut, right?

Aug 3, 2012, 08:16 AM
    You do know why you cut, right?
    No. I'm working on it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
    You can stop today.

Aug 3, 2012, 08:20 AM
    You can stop today.
    It's not that easy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Yes, it is. All you have to do is substitute another behavior for the cutting.

Aug 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
    Yes, it is. All you have to do is substitute another behavior for the cutting.
    It's easier said than done. What do you mean by "another behavior for cutting."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
    I used to have a horrible habit that was becoming visible to people and I couldn't hide it any longer. I hated myself and was terribly embarrassed and even ashamed when people would mention it and sort of back away from me in horror. I'm a problem solver, so I thought to myself, "This has to stop. How can I stop it?"

I thought about all the good things I do with my hands (what I used to use for this bad thing when I was alone). I love to type and be on the computer. I made a pact with myself. No more doing this bad thing, and every time I had the urge to do it, I would go over to the computer and use my hands to type and work on one of my stories or type some emails to friends or whatever--but I would type, not do the bad thing.

It worked! It was a drag at first, but I had promised myself I would stop with the bad thing, so I hauled my body over to the computer a lot at first. Over about two weeks it got easier and easier to just not do the bad thing without going to the computer. Total time to quit the bad thing was about a month. It was hard work to stick to my promise to myself. Meanwhile, I got lots of typing done!

Aug 3, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Sounds like a good idea. I do something to stop me, but it doesn't work all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HONDA ACCORD 1992 will cut on and cut off after making loud whistling sounds [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my car on it makes this loud noise and it cuts right back off but it gets very hot fast

My blower on inside unit will not cut off I cut and crimped wires back together [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I put the blue and red wire to the blower on the inside unit

View more questions Search