Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubblegumxox Posts: 97, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    That doesn't mean you have to rush growing up in other areas. In fact it means you should embrace your childhood even more where you can.

You weren't "dumped". This is the thing about relationships at your age. They are short termed and ephemeral. They aren't real.
    Ok so what would you call it
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
    There was never a real relationship in the first place.

Jul 31, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There was never a real relationship in the first place.
    So him asking me out making me feel special taking me to dinners none if that was real
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
    It wasn't a relationship.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumxox View Post
    So him asking me out making me feel special taking me to dinners none if that was real
    At 13 there's no such thing as a romantic relationship. At least there shouldn't be.

I don't understand why you need a boyfriend so much. What is lacking in your life that you have such a burning need to be with someone? Can't you just be on your own for a while, enjoy life, enjoy being a teen?

There are only a few things you absolutely need in life. Air, water, food, a roof over your head, and enough money to provide for those things. But no one "needs" a boyfriend.

Jul 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    At 13 there's no such thing as a romantic relationship. At least there shouldn't be.

I don't understand why you need a boyfriend so much. What is lacking in your life that you have such a burning need to be with someone? Can't you just be on your own for a while, enjoy life, enjoy being a teen?

There are only a few things you absolutely need in life. Air, water, food, a roof over your head, and enough money to provide for those things. But no one "needs" a boyfriend.
    Happiness is lacking in my life and I never said I need a boyfriend I said I want one you know to kiss in d rain and tell him everything
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
    Happiness is lacking in my life and I never said I need a boyfriend I said I want one ya know to kiss in d rain and tell him everything
    Boys don't like to kiss in the rain and listen to girls tell them everything. You need to learn what boys like.

A boyfriend won't fill that emotional hole you have.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Happiness is lacking in my life and I never said I need a boyfriend I said I want one ya know to kiss in d rain and tell him everything
    Wow, that's quite the specific wish list. I've been with my husband since I was 19, over half my life. Not once do I remember kissing in the rain. It certainly wasn't the reason I dated him, or married him.

If there is something lacking in your life, a boyfriend won't fill that void.

You can't always get what you want, you shouldn't always get what you want.

I don't think you're ready to date, just because of that one statement "I want one ya know to kiss in d rain and tell him everything". That to me is a very immature reason to want a boyfriend.

Why not wait until you actually meet someone interesting?

Jul 31, 2012, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Wow, that's quite the specific wish list. I've been with my husband since I was 19, over half my life. Not once do I remember kissing in the rain. It certainly wasn't the reason I dated him, or married him.

If there is something lacking in your life, a boyfriend won't fill that void.

You can't always get what you want, you shouldn't always get what you want.

I don't think you're ready to date, just because of that one statement "I want one ya know to kiss in d rain and tell him everything". That to me is a very immature reason to want a boyfriend.

Why not wait until you actually meet someone interesting?
    Eh yea ino its not going to fill it and I have met someone interesting and smart and funny and caring but we tried to go out and it only lasted a year because he moved and it wasn't meant to be but I still reli lyk him

Jul 31, 2012, 07:48 PM
    Boys don't like to kiss in the rain and listen to girls tell them everything. You need to learn what boys like.

A boyfriend won't fill that emotional hole you have.
    Ha so I saw it in a movie and now that's my big dream to kiss a lad in d rain ha and I'm not stupid ino he won't fill that emotional hole on my life ha
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2012, 07:51 PM
    You dated, one or both of you decided its wasn't for the long term so you stopped. You will go though this many more times, until you meet someone where it will feel real.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 07:51 PM
    Ha so I saw it in a movie and now that's my big dream to kiss a lad in d rain ha and I'm not stupid ino he won't fill that emotional hole on my life ha
    Yup. I figured you saw it in a movie. Wrong place to find out about life and love. Movies are fantasies, not real life. Like I said, no lad will kiss you in the rain. Lads don't like to get wet and will think you are going bonkers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Ha so I saw it in a movie
    Exactly you saw it in a movie, it looked romantic, but its not REAL!

Jul 31, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Yup. I figured you saw it in a movie. Wrong place to find out about life and love. Movies are fantasies, not real life. Like I said, no lad will kiss you in the rain. Lads don't like to get wet and will think you are going bonkers.
    But I've already done it

Jul 31, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Exactly you saw it in a movie, it looked romantic, but its not REAL!
    How old are you

Jul 31, 2012, 08:02 PM
    You dated, one or both of you decided its wasn't for the long term so you stopped. You will go though this many more times, until you meet someone where it will feel real.
    Both
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Eh yea ino its not goin to fill it and I have met some1 interesting and smart and funny and caring but we tried to go out and it only lasted a year coz he moved and it wasn't ment to be but I still reli lyk him
    So you dated a guy for a year, how long ago was that?
    I think you are too young to date. You are lacking something in your life and looking for someone to fill it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You are lacking something in your life and looking for someone to fill it.
    Check her other threads. Here's one:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...ud-689185.html
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Check her other threads. Here's one:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...ud-689185.html
    Yep, this is a sad situation.

Hun take your time, having a boyfriend is the last thing you need in your life.

Aug 1, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Yep, this is a sad situation.

Hun take your time, having a boyfriend is the last thing you need in your life.
    How is it a sad situation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend working overseas, How can I make things easier for myself and my boyfriend? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has had to move back home to work. Basically, so he can get some money together for a deposit on his own place back in London. It's overseas, so its both difficult and expensive to see each other. It's only 3-4 months, which in the bigger picture isn't really all that long, but he's...

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

View more questions Search