Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joandoe52 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Dr Bill, I need your help immediately
    I had to take a ua today that I am pretty sure contains an EtG with a cut off 500ng. It is Tuesday and I drank Thursday night Friday night and Sat night. I am not a heavy drinker and this is the most I have drank in quite awhile. I had between 4-8 drinks per night, I ate all three nights, I am a 29 year old female, 5"3, 117 pounds fast metabolism. I took the test at 5:30 this evening, my last drink was on Saturday night around 1 am, I drank about 6 drinks that night. So it has been well over 72 hours since last drink and I am not sure since BAC=0, I was not intoxicated. I would say just to be safe maybe 60 hours since BAC=0 , so that would put in the 55-60 hour range, do you think I have a chance of passing? I am beside myself with worry. All I read it could go either way... Please respond as soon as possible thank you.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Determining BAC=0 is difficult enough when the time span and drink spacing is known. So we'll just deal with time from last drink.

What were the six drinks and over what period were they consumed?

I also notice that we have addressed this issue on at least two previous occasions and on neither did you report your results.

Jul 31, 2012, 05:42 PM
    the six drinks were consumed over about 7 hours, the majority being over 2. I passed the rest of them, I am not a heavy drinker I just drank those few times I asked, I am beyond worried, I cannot believe I did that. I think my BAC=0 would be at 9 hours putting me at about 57 hours. The cutoff level is 500 but I have not drank a lot of water but have drank iced tea

Jul 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Is it true that the test is a lot less harder to test for after 48 hours? I have read that. I do not even know what to say if I fail, I did go to the doctor this morning and used hand sanitizer as well as a alcohol wipe.

Jul 31, 2012, 05:44 PM
    I stopped drinking around 1 am.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joandoe52 View Post
    i stopped drinking around 1 am.
    Once again... stopped drinking what??

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment on your previous posts. I am not concerned with how or when you drink. That is your business. But on each occasion you expressed grave concern over the results and then didn't advise whether you passed or failed on even one of those occasions. I find that disillusioning.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:04 PM
    I am sorry, I drank beer and one shot, I am just a mess right now, I apologize. I passed the previous tests, all of them.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
    I realize I must look like I have a drinking problem, I do not, I am tested and rarely drink, as you can see from my previous posts. I did however slip up, I do not have an addiction to anything, it just so happened that I had the test come up. I try to avoid drinking to avoid these situations. Once again I drank beer, and one shot.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Once again....stopped drinking what???

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment on your previous posts. I am not concerned with how or when you drink. That is your business. But on each occasion you expressed grave concern over the results and then didn't advise whether you passed or failed on even one of those occasions. I find that disillusioning.
    I realize I must look like I have a drinking problem, I do not, I am tested and rarely drink, as you can see from my previous posts. I did however slip up, I do not have an addiction to anything, it just so happened that I had the test come up. I try to avoid drinking to avoid these situations. Once again I drank beer, and one shot.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:08 PM
    I am sorry, I drank beer and one shot, I am just a mess right now, I apologize. I passed the previous tests, all of them
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
    I am sorry, I drank beer and one shot, I am just a mess right now, I apologize. I passed the previous tests, all of them
    I'll run this for you. It would be helpful if you would go to those previous posts and note them as passed in the meantime. That is important to others reviewing the site.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
    I'll run this for you. It would be helpful if you would go to those previous posts and note them as passed in the meantime. That is important to others reviewing the site.
    I will right now, thank you very much, I never really get on here.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Based on 5 beers (12 oz, 5%) and 1 shot (40%) you should have no detectable EtG at 72 hours and that is particularly true at a 500 ng cutoff.

No one knows exactly how long EtG is detectable. It is apparent that it is no where near the claimed time spans of 80 to 120 hours. The instruments used are just as effective at 1000 hours as they are at 48. So it could only relate to the physiochemical properties of EtG/EtS which have apparently been grossly misrepresented.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Based on 5 beers (12 oz, 5%) and 1 shot (40%) you should have no detectable EtG at 72 hours and that is particularly true at a 500 ng cutoff.

No one knows exactly how long EtG is detectable. It is apparent that it is no where near the claimed time spans of 80 to 120 hours. The instruments used are just as effective at 1000 hours as they are at 48. So it could only relate to the physiochemical properties of EtG/EtS which have apparently been grossly misrepresented.
    Okay, thank you, but I would only be in there 55-60 hour clearance range based on the calculator you have provided before BAC=0. I don't mind being honest to be proactive, I just wonder if I need to worry or not, this has seriously taught me, you will not hear from me again other than to say whether I passed. I know for sure it has a 500 cut off. Is it true then it is not nearly as detectable after 48 hours?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Just like alcohol EtG is dose dependent. 1 drink is detectable for a short period (13-18 hr) and binge drinking is detectable for a longer though undetermined period. I would be more inclined to put an upper limit of around 65 hours on heavier drinking (rather than 48). Where did you get the 48 hour figure?

The elimination periods are poorly researched. Using few study subjects and unrepresentative populations. If you can call less than 200 people total a "population". Far too few to generalize to broader population.

Thanks for bringing your records up to date. That's very helpful.

Jul 31, 2012, 06:48 PM
    Just like alcohol EtG is dose dependent. 1 drink is detectable for a short period of time (13-18 hr) and binge drinking is detectable for a longer though undetermined period of time. I would be more inclined to put an upper limit of around 65 hours on heavier drinking (rather than 48). Where did you get the 48 hour figure?

The elimination periods are poorly researched. Using few study subjects and unrepresentative populations. If you can call less than 200 people total a "population". Far too few to generalize to broader population.
    I got the 48 hours from googling it, but who knows to be honest, It said it was highly detectable after 24 and drastically drops after 24. So, I guess my ulitmate questions is, in your professional opinion I should be clear after 58 hours give or take since BAC=0?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 07:02 PM
    I figured from 72 hours from last drink. It wouldn't have taken 14 hours to reach BAC=0. Closer to half that time. But that is an unknown so lets just stick with quantity and last drink. Either way you are EtG clear.

Jul 31, 2012, 07:04 PM
    I figured from 72 hours from last drink. It wouldn't have taken 14 hours to reach BAC=0. Closer to half that time. But that is an unknown so lets just stick with quantity and last drink.
    Okay thank you very much I will you know my results.

Jul 31, 2012, 07:18 PM
    I figured from 72 hours from last drink. It wouldn't have taken 14 hours to reach BAC=0. Closer to half that time. But that is an unknown so lets just stick with quantity and last drink. Either way you are EtG clear.
    Okay but wait, I apologize, how then do people have on here that they may not pass after 59 hours? I drank for 3 days, not binge drinking but I drank. I know the most important is Saturday night but just don't see how I can be clear even 60 hours later if it can go that far back. This is extremely stressful.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
    EtG does not accumulate. So figure your time from each drinking session separately not added together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord has two rental units on the same heat bill and electric bill. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for him to charge utilities on an estimated percentage of use? This is in Pennsylvania.

Accounting journal entry received utility bill, the bill was not paid? [ 1 Answers ]

November 30: Received the utility bill for November, $350. The bill was not paid

Filed bankruptcy in 2005,bill included but was garnished in 2009 pd bill in full [ 5 Answers ]

I had a vehicle that was repossed in 2004-2005. The vehicle was sold in their auction, leaving a balance(amount unknown). I received a letter in 2005 stating I owe $4999 plus 25% per annum. My employer received a wage levy for this same bill stating I owe $9366.00. My wages were garnished and...

I need to know immediately [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 years old. I live in TN. I am 8 months pregnant. My mom lives in an unstable home. I think that is very unsafe. My mom recently just got robed at gun point. My dad just got married 4 months ago and his wife dosent want me around any more. She is currently 6 months pregnant. My dad is making...

Need help immediately [ 1 Answers ]

Unless otherwise noted ignore air resistance and friction and use g=9.8m/s2. Assume mass of the baseball is 0.145kg. A baseball is hit with a velocity of 35m/s at a angle of 35 degrees above horizontal. (a) What is the horizontal component of the initial velocity? (b) What is the vertical...

View more questions Search